New product--2.5' Zebra Printed Grosgrain Ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/peace-sign-grosgrain-ribbon-ads.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-volleyball-forest-green.jpg
New Instructions--How to make korker hair bow using a korker box hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows, hair clips, baby women, toddler, girl, adult, floral design, birthday holiday gift wrapping
New product--star ribbon for cheer bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-19-2010, 05:23

Default Skinny Elastic.....Now What?

So, I bought some skinny elastic the other day, and now I don't know what to do with it! lol Obviously I want to make headbands, but how do you fasten the ends together? Do you just sew them, or is there more to it than that? TIA!!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2010, 05:25

Default Re: Skinny Elastic.....Now What?

I prefer to sew (makes it more sturdy). However you can use fabric Tac or hot glue to seal the ends.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:27

i prefer to sew as well
Old 09-19-2010, 05:28

I cut the elastic to 17 1/2" then glue a small pice of felt to the ends of the elastic( that matches my what ever I am putting on the headband) Then I just glue the flower right on top of that. I have not had one come apart yet.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:28

I heat seal the ends and then hot glue them together. Then attach the bow/flower and put a piece of felt on the back using hot glue to hold it all together.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:31

I'm cracking up that I saw your post! I was thinking the very same thing! I ordered some of the skinny elastic and didn't even have a clue as to how to do the ends, but I was scared to ask *how* on here without doing a search first. Didn't want the HG Police to get me for not searching first! Figured I would do my search this evening when the little one was in bed. Anyway- thanks for asking!
Old 09-19-2010, 11:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2tylerandali View Post
I'm cracking up that I saw your post! I was thinking the very same thing! I ordered some of the skinny elastic and didn't even have a clue as to how to do the ends, but I was scared to ask *how* on here without doing a search first. Didn't want the HG Police to get me for not searching first! Figured I would do my search this evening when the little one was in bed. Anyway- thanks for asking!
Too funny!!! :lol: I usually try to search first too, but I remembered I needed to figure it out and my two little ones were pulling on me. It was either post the question, or forget about it again for several days!! :lol: Thanks for the answers, Ladies---helps a lot!! I figured it had to be fairly simple!
Old 09-19-2010, 11:57

I have been looking for a skinny band, but I am not sure what to use. Can you please send me a link or a picture to show me what you are talking about and hopefully that will solve my skinnyband issues too
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.