Free Instructions---------Free Instructions----------Free Instructions-----------Free Instructions.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/ribbon-korker-hair-bow-clip-instructions-sm.jpg
New Instructions--How to make braided/woven headband instruction
New Instructions--How to make hair bow gift basket
Free Hair Bow Instructions-Snail
Free Hair Bow Instructions--Christmas Tree
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/bee/bumble%20bee%20sm.jpg

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/rainbow-ribbon-dragonfly-hair-clips-free-tutorial/dragonfly-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-15-2010, 07:07

Default Cheer bow help!!!!!!!!

I am coaching my little girl's cheer team this year. We are heading to competition next month and I want to suprise them with a really cool bow. I know how to do the regular cheer bows with the sequin material and then stacking them. I want to something kinda like this:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/50188427...s%5B1%5D=title

I will be using red, black and silver instead of the stars and red. If you can help me on how to lay this out please pm me or email me at [email protected] if you do not want to post here.

Thank you in advance
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 09-16-2010, 10:14

Default Re: Cheer bow help!!!!!!!!

I have asked several times for directions on how to make this bow after a few ladies posted that they made them.. No one seems to want to reply/share. I would be willing to pay for the directions!! If you find them or get them please share.

Hope your girls do good at competition!!

[email protected]
melissa
Old 09-16-2010, 10:32

I will do so!! My daughter who is 16 cheers and coaches an impact team... She makes up their cheer and dance and does a great job.. She loves it..
Old 09-16-2010, 10:47

Edited

Last edited by Blkhawkfan; 09-20-2010 at 04:14.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:52

If you have the general idea and techniques down of cheer bows, this is just going to take time and experimentation to get the "wave" right. There is no tutorial and unless you make your own template there's not one of those either. I have heard of people using the scalloped template that's available with the rotary tools but I believe it doesn't have a wide enough wave to create this look.

I recommend taking your ribbon, use fabric pens and draw the wave, fold the bow and see if it looks right, if not try again. Once you get the right wave, you'll need to copy it onto your heat and bond, cut, iron fold.

Once you establish the right wave to the right length of ribbon for the specific bow you're making it'll be easier.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:30

I have to agree, it takes a lot of work for something like this and I wouldn't want to just give away all my hard work and secrets, not sure I would even do it for a small tut fee. Honestly it didn't take me very long to figure it out, just trial and error. I do have a template for myself, you can PM me what you would pay for one Offer open to anyone
Old 09-16-2010, 03:32

I did not mean to start an uproar.. I was just asking if anyone would be willing to share. When I "PM" people asking all you had to do was return the message that you were not willing to give it out and not just ignore the message. I like everyone on this site understand that everyone is trying to make a living in this economy. I just make bows for my daughters cheerleading squad to help out because we have several girls that cant even afford to cheer and anything extra that they don't have to buy helps out. We are greatful to have special familys that pay the way for several of our cheerleaders.

I really enjoy this site and everything I have learned from everyone sharing!!

Have a great day..
Old 09-16-2010, 04:09

I agree not trying to upset any of you I have been on this board for awhile and give advice when I need the answer. i also was not just asking for free instructions I have bought endless things from the other ladies on here. I once again am truly sorry and I am not trying to be rude or unreasonable. I have gotten the stuff and will work it out I was more or less looking for what direction to start in. the answer to the question would you give away to someone at a craft show, no i would just tell them it takes lots of practice, but this is a forum where we help people I am not a newbie to all of this and was just looking for direction.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstimpert View Post
If you have the general idea and techniques down of cheer bows, this is just going to take time and experimentation to get the "wave" right. There is no tutorial and unless you make your own template there's not one of those either. I have heard of people using the scalloped template that's available with the rotary tools but I believe it doesn't have a wide enough wave to create this look.

I recommend taking your ribbon, use fabric pens and draw the wave, fold the bow and see if it looks right, if not try again. Once you get the right wave, you'll need to copy it onto your heat and bond, cut, iron fold.

Once you establish the right wave to the right length of ribbon for the specific bow you're making it'll be easier.

Thank you I had not thought of drawing it out on ribbon first, sometimes not sure where my brain is. just like other things just need a second set of eyes to find the problem.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:53

We were not trying to take your glory of your bow. We are just like everyone else on this post asking for help on making this bow. I still think it is funny that the person that blasted us on this post was asking for help several months ago on this same bow and got help from others.. Last time I checked this is was the forum was about.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.