key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/3in-spike-18pc-set.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-13-2010, 08:39

Default How do you price when the customer provides ribbon?

I have a cheer squad who is interested in me making bows for them. The sponsor wants to know what I would charge per bow if THEY provide the ribbon. Anyone have experience handing anything like that? I haven't had anyone ask that yet --- I've always just bought the ribbon.

Any help would be appreciate! I want to take this job because I need the advertisement, too, but I don't want to overcharge them OR undersell myself!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2010, 08:51

Default Re: How do you price when the customer provides ribbon?

How much do you want to make an hour? How long does it take you to do each bow? Do the math and charge accordingly!

I make sure I earn a certain amount and never less...if a craft takes too long to make and the price would be too high then it is not worth my time.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:16

Great way to look at it --- thanks for the input!
Old 09-13-2010, 02:53

If they are going with a multi-layered bow and you have to supply the heat n bond, hair tie, glue, etc. I would charge $3.00 for the labor of the bow and at least an additional $1.00. If you are making a bow with sequins and you have to do that work as well, I would charge no less than $5.00 for the labor and supplies.

A straight one-layered bow and they are furnishing all the supplies including hair ties, I would charge just $3.00 per bow. Just my opinion. I would be interested in what other say. I have never been asked to do an order like that.

GOOD LUCK!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenopiedesigns View Post
I have a cheer squad who is interested in me making bows for them. The sponsor wants to know what I would charge per bow if THEY provide the ribbon. Anyone have experience handing anything like that? I haven't had anyone ask that yet --- I've always just bought the ribbon.

Any help would be appreciate! I want to take this job because I need the advertisement, too, but I don't want to overcharge them OR undersell myself!
Old 09-13-2010, 08:01

I had a situation similar, not for a cheerleading squad but the mother wanted like 13-15 bows & provided the ribbon. I posted a thread called 'friends & fees' if you want to check it out. HTH
Old 09-13-2010, 09:34

Look at her ribbon first. If you already have it let her know this. If you dont have the ribbon....well that saves you on shipping cost to order and to get the right color. Personally, I would charge the same amt of your other bows minus .40 or so. Ribbon is cheap. Just depend on what type of bow you are going to make. I posted a few months ago when another HG was in the same boat. I told her (other hg agreed) that it doesnt matter if they bring you ribbon. Your bows are a set price. Time and effort goes into a bow. Ribbon is cheap...your time is not!
Sponsored Links
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/ks_angel_girl/AllAboutribbon/Animation1.gif