150-forum-ads
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/snazziedrawers-150.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/MMexclusivewholesaleribbon-150.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-auctions.gif
new product--hello kitty 5/8' satin ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/150-earthehosting.gif
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3in-spike-bows-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 05-12-2011, 08:59
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7
Default Re: Print your own ribbon template

Mommy_to_2...very nice job!

Have you tried printing directly on the ribbon?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/KBJWholesale.jpg
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 05-12-2011, 01:54
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Owasso OK
Posts: 64
Default Re: Print your own ribbon template

I printed my own ribbon and it looked like it had a plastic coating with the light transfer paper and with the dark it white outline around everything. Is this how y'alls are?
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 05-12-2011, 04:39
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 848
Default Re: Print your own ribbon template

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revilomom View Post
Mommy_to_2...very nice job!

Have you tried printing directly on the ribbon?
No i havent, do you know how to do that? and thank you for the compliment!
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 05-12-2011, 04:40
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 848
Default Re: Print your own ribbon template

Quote:
Originally Posted by senakate View Post
I printed my own ribbon and it looked like it had a plastic coating with the light transfer paper and with the dark it white outline around everything. Is this how y'alls are?
yeah mine has the plastic coating on the ribbon from the transfer paper and i dont like it . i want printed ribbon to look like all the other printed ribbons out there
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 05-13-2011, 09:46
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Owasso OK
Posts: 64
Default Re: Print your own ribbon template

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy_to_2 View Post
yeah mine has the plastic coating on the ribbon from the transfer paper and i dont like it . i want printed ribbon to look like all the other printed ribbons out there
me to! I don't know if after its washed if it will soften up a little bit?
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 05-13-2011, 10:10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 848
Default Re: Print your own ribbon template

Quote:
Originally Posted by senakate View Post
me to! I don't know if after its washed if it will soften up a little bit?
So you think maybe we didnt leave the iron on long enough? idk maybe thats just how transfer paper is
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 05-14-2011, 08:07
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7
Default Re: Print your own ribbon template

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy_to_2 View Post
No i havent, do you know how to do that? and thank you for the compliment!

The blog for craftbiz says to take double sided tape and tape the ribbon to paper and run it through the printer after printing your image (not reversed) so it is lined up correctly. I am a little scared that I may do some damage to my printer but I think that would prevent the glossy film. I also read...cant remember where that the ribbon should be washed and hung up to dry before printing on it.
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 05-14-2011, 09:36
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 77
Default Re: Print your own ribbon template

I found this website awhile back on how to print directly on your ribbon...haven't tried it yet but maybe one of you ladies can and tell us how it comes out

http://www.littlecubsboutique.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 05-14-2011, 05:12
slwleigh's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 657
Default Re: Print your own ribbon template

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinav13181 View Post
I found this website awhile back on how to print directly on your ribbon...haven't tried it yet but maybe one of you ladies can and tell us how it comes out

http://www.littlecubsboutique.blogspot.com
Thanks for sharing this tutorial! I am going to give it try tonight!
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 05-14-2011, 06:58
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 77
Default Re: Print your own ribbon template

Quote:
Originally Posted by slwleigh View Post
Thanks for sharing this tutorial! I am going to give it try tonight!
Your welcome! Can't wait to see how it turns out
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
disney princess, mickey mouse, minnie mouse ribbon http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon.jpg
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
Shop by color--grosgrain ribbon, hair bows, craft supplies

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger