New product--2.5' Zebra Printed Grosgrain Ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/peace-sign-grosgrain-ribbon-ads.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-volleyball-forest-green.jpg
New Instructions--How to make korker hair bow using a korker box hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows, hair clips, baby women, toddler, girl, adult, floral design, birthday holiday gift wrapping
New product--star ribbon for cheer bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-08-2010, 10:15

Default Re: Hmmm, which wing for my Owl Ribbon Sculpture

I would vote for polka dots, but not necessarily pink. What an awesome job!!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2010, 10:17

Very cute. I like the the solid wings best. What about some saddle stitch ribbon for the wings?
Old 09-08-2010, 10:26

OMG first of all I have to tell you it is beautifullll so cute and chubby it makes me remeber the wl from the Bambi movie
I think solid look soo much better and maybe if it was a tone in between the cream and the brown it would make the wings pop more
absolutely adorable
Old 09-08-2010, 10:47

Absolutely adorable - so creative. Definitely prefer the solid color and agree with Pat Font - perhaps a different shade of brown/khaki/tan for the wings. Great job. Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:54

I LOVE owls too!!! That is the cutest thing ever! I vote solid too. Man if you do a tut please let us know!!!
Old 09-08-2010, 11:01

I'm going to say solid. Mostly because the dotted ribbon looks like a slightly darker brown, but maybe it's the lighting. It's very cute!
Old 09-08-2010, 11:16

So cute .. Solid looks better
Old 09-08-2010, 11:27

First of all.... that is the BEST ribbon sculpture of a Owl I have ever seen. I've found about 10 different versions of owl sculptures b/c my friend has a daughter who attends a elementary school and their mascot is a Owl. I've Googled my fingers off looking for them. Your Owl is SUPER CUTE!

I'm of the opinion that the solid wings are best on your design. BUT I think that the ribbon sculpture looks great with a splash of color. Our local Owls down here in the South have spotted breast feathers. Do you have a CREAM COLORED ribbon (like the current one that you are using for the breast-plate) with some brown dots?? Maybe try that? It's just a thought... but if you do try it, I'd LOVE to see what it looks like!

Thanks for posting this... and again... great job!
Old 09-09-2010, 01:05

Love the solid wings!! Great job
Old 09-09-2010, 02:14

Thanks ladies for the support and great suggestions! I am going to make some with solid and some with polka dot. I am going to see if I can find a brown with cream polka dot like someone suggested.

As for doing a tut, probably not it took for forever to make my monkey tut and I still think I could have done a better job. I have a couple of gals who have pmed me to purchase the owl. I will sell the sculpture itself at a "wholesale" price. You can attach it to a clip, bow or headband. If anyone is interested just send me a pm.

Thanks again ladies..sometimes my husbands opinion just isn't enough

Amy
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.