New products--peelnstick double-sided-tape for lining clips
http://www.thehairbowcompany.com/assets/images/affiliateBanners/affiliateBanner3.jpg
hip girl boutique 1" metallic gold gliter sparkle ribbon
hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon wrapped headbands for girls women baby toddler
hip girl boutique goody ponytail pigtail holder for women girl toddler baby

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-07-2010, 04:59

Default Attaching combs to bow cards!

I am getting ready for my first show and I am stuck on how to display hair combs onto cards. I won't have alot of table space and I am trying to get everything up on cards to hang on grid walls--that I have plenty of.
Any Ideas how to get the hair combs onto cards? I tried cutting little holes and poking one comb from each side through but that really looks dumb on the backside and I am afraid it will permanently mis-shape the haircomb. I thought about sewing them on with just a couple of threads on each side but what if someone wants to try one on, then I will have to un-do it and have a mess. I have attached 3 pictures to give you an idea of what I need HELP!!
I just can't see it.
Thanks
Fran
codyparkcrafter
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1968.jpg (45.9 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1966.jpg (71.1 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1967.jpg (92.1 KB, 38 views)
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:06

Default Re: Attaching combs to bow cards!

can you poke little holes through the card, and use those little twisty ties (or floral wire) ???

All of my tutorials are now available through my etsy store.

Check out my Tutorial Album on Picasa.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:20

Clear rubber bands would also work. Those tiny ones that they use for hair would be perfect. Just poke two holes in the card (however far apart), loop the rubber band over the comb spoke on the left, through the hole and across the back of the card, out the second hole, and around the other spoke.

Does that make sense?

Want to know what all the fuss is about? Join Bownanas on facebook. 1,300 members and growing!

I'll let you sleep with my husband before I give you my supplier information, so don't ask.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:04

Perfect ideas, (just imagine the light bulb went on) I am going to try both the rubberbands and twist ties! I like the rubberband idea! I knew this group could help.
Thanks so much!
Fran
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies