Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-07-2010, 02:56

Default Re: yay for large orders!!

I usually do a discount yes, but you already did a "2 for deal" so that's a deal enough in itself. I throw freebies in and a thank you - Congrats on your large order
Old 09-08-2010, 09:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2p1e View Post
The grocery store never feels guilty about your large orders

I agree, through something small in and a card

good point i'll keep that in mind for part of my little pep talk too lol

thanks again ladies!
Old 09-08-2010, 11:51

large orders always make me nervous, i don't think i overcharge for my bows but when you get about 10 of them together it really adds up especially if they order all over the top bows! but i just keep telling myself they knew the price when ordering they knew the price when ordering ..........

it hasn't gotten easier for me but maybe it will for you lol

veronica

*I will not tell you your UGLY bow is PRETTY but I will try to help you make it better..............wish someone would of told me my first bows were ugly. I do this out of love not wickedness *
Old 09-09-2010, 06:54

I always feel the same way it drives my husband nuts. I'm always questioning if something is good enough. You are good enough! and you are using your valuable time to make these.

If it's a big order I throw in a set of a clippies on my business card thanking them for their order.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:35

I recentley had a friend order $160 in bows! I threw in crochet headbands to match most of the bows. Im think she appreciated it. dont really know.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:51

If the buyer doesn't fell badly about the price then you shouldn't either. I always say this, moms will pay whatever when it comes to their kids. Whether it is on birthday parties or outfits or accessories... She obviously wants them otherwise she wouldn't have ordered them. You were very fair, stop feeling bad. Congrats on the big order!
Old 09-09-2010, 08:51

I just went through thinking about this myself. I've only recently started and someone ordered several bows and flower clips and the total came to $52. That was with the 2fer discount. I felt like I should discount it more but then honestly I wouldn't be making much at all and she knew the price so I went with it.

Then her sister placed an order for $152! I almost fell on the floor! I did end up giving her a little bit more of a discount. She ordered 36 bows!
Old 09-09-2010, 12:51

I love the grocery store discount comment.

With the exception of group buys, our ribbon suppliers don't discount either, really. Your stuff costs the same amount if your friend orders one bow or 110. Maybe they're trying to save you the hassle of multiple orders.

One of the girls in my daughter's preschool is getting ready to come over tomorrow. Her mother bought her "fall wardrobe" last week and wants M2M bows for everything! Just be excited! Good for you!

Want to know what all the fuss is about? Join Bownanas on facebook. 1,300 members and growing!

I'll let you sleep with my husband before I give you my supplier information, so don't ask.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Tu-Tu* Cute Hair Bows View Post
large orders always make me nervous, i don't think i overcharge for my bows but when you get about 10 of them together it really adds up especially if they order all over the top bows! but i just keep telling myself they knew the price when ordering they knew the price when ordering ..........

it hasn't gotten easier for me but maybe it will for you lol

veronica
thats exactly how I feel! But i guess you ladies are right, she knew more or less what my prices were & if she would have had a prob with the total she wouldnt have ordered so many at once

Wow I cant wait to get over $100 in orders! lol gota love a big order huh!

I had an order for 17 bows recently (which she provided ribbon so I gave them 25% off) but when the customer came to pick them up she started looking at all the other bows & was like ooh is this one for sale? Oh oh I want this one too, oh hey she has an outfit that will match this one. lol So yea that is right moms will pay whatever when it comes to their kiddos.

I'm so blessed to be a part of this forum, it's such a great support group!
Old 09-10-2010, 05:33

I bet she'd love to get a freebie...even if it's just a little something. You could throw in a free clip, or even offer her a small discount (to be used by the holidays) or free bow on her next order??? That way, she'll look forward to ordering AGAIN!
Sponsored Links