Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(20x2yd Solid Boutique Ribbons)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-satin-autism-pinwheel-bow.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/glitter-ribbon-250.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/kanzashi-flower-butterfly-forum-ads.JPG
New product--1.8mm bottle cap hole punch

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-01-2010, 01:26

Default Re: how to make his style

I think it looks like spikes on the bottom, a twisted boutique bow upside down and then a few double loop toppers with korkers and marabou thrown in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-0zJ1ZzO2w
Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2010, 02:03

So this thread made me want to figure it out...I don't know if I did, but I'm not willing to waste any more ribbon trying. Excuse the color combos, I have no clue what I was thinking....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg funky bow(500 x 333).jpg (39.5 KB, 732 views)
Old 09-01-2010, 02:07

u nailed it in my opinion. How did you do it if you don't mind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerandHoney View Post
So this thread made me want to figure it out...I don't know if I did, but I'm not willing to waste any more ribbon trying. Excuse the color combos, I have no clue what I was thinking....
Old 09-01-2010, 02:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Tu-Tu* Cute Hair Bows View Post
yes those are cute! i thought about buying one and analyzing it not taking it apart or anything becuase they are to cute ( i would give it to one of my nieces) but the wait time is 2-3 weeks i would love to see a tut and if you need a tester i am here

veronica
Where are you seeing the wait time is 2-3 weeks? Yikes, I bought 2 from the website last night so I could analyze them. Oh, well, now to play the waiting game.

And, I second the tut and willing tester here!
Old 09-01-2010, 02:09

Quote:

Now, what the heck did you do?
Old 09-01-2010, 02:12

Quote:
thats it!!! don't make us beg...lol
Old 09-01-2010, 02:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krysia View Post
Where are you seeing the wait time is 2-3 weeks? Yikes, I bought 2 from the website last night so I could analyze them. Oh, well, now to play the waiting game.

And, I second the tut and willing tester here!
it says it some where on the web page that the wait time is 2-3 weeks !

*I will not tell you your UGLY bow is PRETTY but I will try to help you make it better..............wish someone would of told me my first bows were ugly. I do this out of love not wickedness *
Old 09-01-2010, 02:14

Quote:
looks really good ! so much better than anything i did

veronica

*I will not tell you your UGLY bow is PRETTY but I will try to help you make it better..............wish someone would of told me my first bows were ugly. I do this out of love not wickedness *
Old 09-01-2010, 02:25

I'll explain best I can.
1. Sew 5 - 7/8" (5.5" in length) spikes (not really spikes...more like ribbon cuts) together.

2. Make a twisted boutique (you can also use 2 color twisted) with 1.5" ribbon 25" in length. Attach the spikes to the twisted boutique bow.

3. Cut a small piece of marabou and glue it to the center.

4. Cut the 6-7 pieces of 4" length ribbon. For each piece, glue the ends together, but not right on top of each other. You'll need to twist it a bit...like a half of a figure 8, but not completely.

5. Glue each piece in random spots onto the twisted boutique bow around the marabou. I put some extra glue on the loops to secure it a bit more and make it look more uniform. Glue in 3 pieces of korker...lol.

There is really no way to explain how to do the center (the funky part) but to just glue the pieces in. I tried to figure out how to sew it, but I couldn't position the loops like I wanted. Glue holds....so I guess it will work.

I hope this makes sense. I'm awful at explaining myself.

Last edited by GingerandHoney; 09-01-2010 at 02:36.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Tu-Tu* Cute Hair Bows View Post
it says it some where on the web page that the wait time is 2-3 weeks !
It figures. Oh, well, they'll get here eventually

Quote:
I'll explain best I can.
1. Sew 5 - 7/8" (5.5" in length) spikes (not really spikes...more like ribbon cuts) together.

2. Make a twisted boutique (you can also use 2 color twisted) with 1.5" ribbon 25" in length. Attach the spikes to the twisted boutique bow.

3. Cut a small piece of marabou and glue it to the center.

4. Cut the 6-7 pieces of 4" length ribbon. For each piece, glue the ends together, but not right on top of each each. You'll need to twist it a bit...like a half of a figure 8, but not completely.

5. Glue each piece in random spots onto the twisted boutique bow around the marabou. I put some extra glue on the loops to secure it a bit more and make it look more uniform. Glue in 3 pieces of korker...lol.

There is really no way to explain how to do the center (the funky part) but to just glue the pieces in. I tried to figure out how to sew it, but I couldn't position the loops like I wanted. Glue holds....so I guess it will work.

I hope this makes sense. I'm awful at explaining myself.
It mostly made sense - lol. No, great job! Can't wait to try it! And, I think the other ones are glued in the middle (step 5), like you did, because when I was reading the feedback of the etsy seller, I found someone who left a neutral because they would have preferred that it wasn't "all glued together..." Whatever. Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif