Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(20x2yd Solid Boutique Ribbons)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-satin-autism-pinwheel-bow.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/glitter-ribbon-250.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/kanzashi-flower-butterfly-forum-ads.JPG
New product--1.8mm bottle cap hole punch

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-10-2011, 12:22

Default Re: how to make his style

Okay really late jumping in on this one but I have just read all 37 pages and I am off to try it now. I will try to post pics of what I come up with.. also so glad someone else used tulle since I don't have any maraboo
Sponsored Links

Old 02-10-2011, 01:27

okay not as good as some but I don't think it is so bad I will just save this one for my daughter and try some more with marabou. I had a hard time with the tulle so I had to wrap it in ribbon to get it to stick. What do you think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00173.jpg (100.7 KB, 201 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00175.jpg (78.9 KB, 129 views)
Old 02-10-2011, 01:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomemadebySusan View Post
okay not as good as some but I don't think it is so bad I will just save this one for my daughter and try some more with marabou. I had a hard time with the tulle so I had to wrap it in ribbon to get it to stick. What do you think?
I think you're off to a wonderful start! They're very pretty and I love the ribbon
Old 02-11-2011, 07:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomemadebySusan View Post
thanks so much . . . i love it!

i don't quite understand the tulle problem . . . you couldn't glue it on as a separate piece?

just trying to figure out the lesser of the 2 evils between tulle & marabou!
Old 02-12-2011, 08:27

Coming to this party quite late, but finally got around to trying this. I've never made an over-the-top or anything, so this was my first "crazy" bow. I really dislike spikes, so left those off. I am kinda pleased with it as a first attempt, and see why so many of you enjoy making these types so much- great fun! Lots of combos are possible, and it's fun playing around with it. I just used scraps I had in my scrap bag- if I was making it for real instead of play, I would have made a few different choices.
Thank you ladies for the pointers and especially those of you who wrote it out/took pictures- very helpful.

Old 02-13-2011, 10:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojyllek View Post
Coming to this party quite late, but finally got around to trying this. I've never made an over-the-top or anything, so this was my first "crazy" bow. I really dislike spikes, so left those off. I am kinda pleased with it as a first attempt, and see why so many of you enjoy making these types so much- great fun! Lots of combos are possible, and it's fun playing around with it. I just used scraps I had in my scrap bag- if I was making it for real instead of play, I would have made a few different choices.
Thank you ladies for the pointers and especially those of you who wrote it out/took pictures- very helpful.

I love it! I love the color choices and ribbon styles you used I wish I had the talent to make one... ah, maybe some day ~
Old 02-24-2011, 12:04

Marking for later.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:36

I just discovered this post- will anyone please save me 37 pages of trying to figure this bow out and just list what to do or point me to the correct page, PLEASE!!! My daughter loves this bow!!!

Thanks!!!
Old 02-24-2011, 09:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by JensAdoprionBlessings View Post
I just discovered this post- will anyone please save me 37 pages of trying to figure this bow out and just list what to do or point me to the correct page, PLEASE!!! My daughter loves this bow!!!

Thanks!!!
If you go to page 14 about halfway down someone give directions keep scrolling down there is about 3 posts for it
Old 02-24-2011, 11:26

I know this is kind of an old thread, but I was intrigued. lol So I tried my hand at one of these.

It's not my best work, I only had 25 mins to figure it out(my theory anyway) and put it together.

Top view and side view.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0781_picnik.jpg (55.1 KB, 131 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0782_picnik.jpg (52.7 KB, 77 views)