Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-10-2010, 10:25

Default Re: how to make his style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklemepink Boutique View Post
Okay so I'm new here... Just joined today and this was the 2nd thread I visited... I have always wanted to make a bow like this but never really knew how to go about it but decided the best way is to jump in head first... So I am making one right now and I will take pictures as I go so that if someone likes it then that gives them an idea of what to do! Will have pictures soon!
Welcome to HG Tickle! And thank you VERY much for your informative tutorial ~ the pics are great and your little one is just adorable!
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 12-10-2010, 11:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklemepink Boutique View Post
My Princess wearing the bow I made-2
The bow and the princess are beautiful.

Thanks for the pictures.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:17

I finally mastered this bow!! Well, I think I did pretty good anyway I do need to make my spikes at least .5 inch longer. This is how I did it...

4" twisted in 1.5 in. ribbon
10 inches of 7/8 in. ribbon for the middle figure 8
The other loops: 4.5 piece of 7/8 in. ribbon made into half figure 8's
I forgot how long I cut my 3/8 in. ribbon for the korkers. I think 10 or 12 inches.
For the marabou, 4 in. placed vertically and hot glue the ends to the bottom of the bow (I did this step second after gluing in the figure 8).
5 inches for the spikes, but I suggest making them 5.5 inches long or longer. Glue these on after gluing the marabou to the bottom of the bow to hide it.

How's my bow look? Anything to improve? I know it's not as "funky" as some of yours, but I am really bad perfectionist/OCD, so I had to have some order to it, LOL!

Also, check out my website I just got the day before Thanksgiving. I haven't had a lot of time to work on it, but I hope to complete it over Christmas break since I'll be off for two weeks from my day job! Any suggestions, let me know! ellianasprincessbowtique.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jolly Holiday Funky-1.jpg (69.2 KB, 200 views)
File Type: jpg Jolly Holiday Funky-2.jpg (53.9 KB, 154 views)
File Type: jpg Jolly Holiday Funky-3.jpg (42.5 KB, 119 views)
Old 12-12-2010, 02:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharie80 View Post
I finally mastered this bow!! Well, I think I did pretty good anyway I do need to make my spikes at least .5 inch longer. This is how I did it...

I forgot how long I cut my 3/8 in. ribbon for the korkers. I think 10 or 12 inches.
For the marabou, 4 in. placed vertically and hot glue the ends to the bottom of the bow (I did this step second after gluing in the figure 8).
5 inches for the spikes, but I suggest making them 5.5 inches long or longer. Glue these on after gluing the marabou to the bottom of the bow to hide it.

How's my bow look? Anything to improve? I know it's not as "funky" as some of yours, but I am really bad perfectionist/OCD, so I had to have some order to it, LOL!

Also, check out my website I just got the day before Thanksgiving. I haven't had a lot of time to work on it, but I hope to complete it over Christmas break since I'll be off for two weeks from my day job! Any suggestions, let me know! ellianasprincessbowtique.com

I think it looks FABULOUS!!
Old 12-12-2010, 02:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelion View Post
I think it looks FABULOUS!!
Thank you
Fabulous is an AWESOME compliment! Wait, are you talking about my bow or website, LOL! Probably the bow since my website is in the works.

For those of you looking for some really cute unique ribbon: search for the seller ixhop on etsy. They have some really cute ribbon...and other stuff. I really had to control myself tonight. I had already spent $40 at Michael's and $80 at TRR and so I did good and only spent a little over $20 with shipping from ixhop. TTR is having a special this week: $35+ orders get free shipping!!

Goodnight =)
Old 12-12-2010, 02:59

Quote:
Cool. I can see what you mean about the spikes.

I don't know whether this was the intended effect or not but it's much more squared off or boxy than the average bow.

Kel

Last edited by kelmac; 04-28-2011 at 12:58.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac View Post
Cool. I can see what you mean about the spikes.

I don't know whether this was the intended effect or not but it's much more squared off or boxy than the average bow.
Is boxy or squared off a bad thing? I'm new, well a few months new/old into bow making.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:15

Quote:
Is boxy or squared off a bad thing? I'm new, well a few months new/old into bow making.
I don't think it's a negative. I think it makes it distinctive, which is why I commented on it.

I suppose if you were trying to sell it anyone expecting a standard round or oval bow might not be interested in it but I think it's really nice.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:55

Quote:

Awesome bow Sharie ~ great job!! Love it
Old 12-12-2010, 07:29

your bow & website are both great! bet we'll see this bow under funky loopy? lol - sounds like the bow has started holiday partying early!
Sponsored Links