http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
HipGirl 12pc Grosgrain Ribbon Wrapped 1/2" Headbands + Matching Large Hair Bow Alligator Clips. Interchangable Assorted Fashion Accessory for Girl Women Teen Kid Toddler Children Adult

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-28-2010, 02:00

Default Re: how to make his style

Well I thought that since I started this thread I might as well show the bows I have made. I am no where as good at them as most of yall and i had to add a few twists like i don't add the puff until later but I am still working on them and hope to get better

This is one of my normal sized ones and two itty bitty ones under it

they really are fun to make i like making them more than the funky loopy bows because those still kill my fingers lol

veronica

forgot to add that i didn't add the spikes at the bottom because i didn't like how they layed for me

*I will not tell you your UGLY bow is PRETTY but I will try to help you make it better..............wish someone would of told me my first bows were ugly. I do this out of love not wickedness *

Last edited by *Tu-Tu* Cute Hair Bows; 11-28-2010 at 02:24.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 11-28-2010, 03:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Tu-Tu* Cute Hair Bows View Post
Well I thought that since I started this thread I might as well show the bows I have made. I am no where as good at them as most of yall and i had to add a few twists like i don't add the puff until later but I am still working on them and hope to get better

they really are fun to make i like making them more than the funky loopy bows because those still kill my fingers lol

veronica

forgot to add that i didn't add the spikes at the bottom because i didn't like how they layed for me

Great job! So you add the marabou at the end? I like the little extras you have added to yours also
Old 11-28-2010, 03:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_leigh13 View Post
Great job! So you add the marabou at the end? I like the little extras you have added to yours also
it really depends on how the bow is going sometimes at the end sometimes in the middle but never at the begining

*I will not tell you your UGLY bow is PRETTY but I will try to help you make it better..............wish someone would of told me my first bows were ugly. I do this out of love not wickedness *
Old 11-28-2010, 08:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
Thanks for being so honest Sharie. You know, I've often wondered about something like that happening
Oh you're welcome. The one I got is cute, but not as cute as
I had hoped after seeing all of her pictures and all of the fuss we've made trying to figure these out. I really want to make this bow in the picture I've attached. I found it on amazon...really cute. Does anyone know what the measurements of these figure 8's should be?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51418vlhIWL__SS400_.jpg (34.1 KB, 221 views)
File Type: jpg 51KNuC7YnyL__SS400_.jpg (32.0 KB, 184 views)
Old 11-28-2010, 08:26

Quote:

veronica

Those came out really nice. What are your measurements?
Old 11-28-2010, 08:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharie80 View Post
Those came out really nice. What are your measurements?
i don't measure any bow i make i just eyeball them sorry ! they are all different sizes i think it makes them look better

veronica

Old 11-28-2010, 10:41

Quote:
i don't measure any bow i make i just eyeball them sorry ! they are all different sizes i think it makes them look better

veronica
That's okay! I'm a perfectionist, a blessing and a curse, so I have to measure or it'll bug me, LOL! Thanks anyway.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharie80 View Post
That's okay! I'm a perfectionist, a blessing and a curse, so I have to measure or it'll bug me, LOL! Thanks anyway.
i have been making bows for over five years and eventually you can just eyeball it but i never measured my ribon lengths i have gotten really good at eyeballing it

Old 11-28-2010, 10:46

nice job, ladies!!!! i went ahead and tried some this weekend,.... will have to take some pics! they are nowhere near as good as yours!! LOL
Old 11-30-2010, 12:34

Quote:

veronica

I am DIGGIN' those little bitty crochet flowers!!! Care to share where you found those cute little devils?