http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-31-2010, 05:00

Default Flower Clip question

I've seen gerbera (& other) flower clips made a few different ways & I was wondering which way do most of you make yours?

1. I have seen them with just the clip applied/glued to the back,

2. I have seen them with the clip attached/glued to the green plastic support piece on the back

3. & then recently I have seen people use felt circles over the back piece of the flower & then attch/glue the clip to the felt circle.

I was just attaching my clip directly to the backside of the flower, but I found this would make the flower limp sometimes. So then I started keeping the green plastic support piece attached, but then I thought it looked funny.

I would appreciate any advice on this! Thanks
Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2010, 05:04

Default Re: Flower Clip question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayla View Post
I've seen gerbera (& other) flower clips made a few different ways & I was wondering which way do most of you make yours?

2. I have seen them with the clip attached/glued to the green plastic support piece on the back

3. & then recently I have seen people use felt circles over the back piece of the flower & then attch/glue the clip to the felt circle.

I was just attaching my clip directly to the backside of the flower, but I found this would make the flower limp sometimes. So then I started keeping the green plastic support piece attached, but then I thought it looked funny.

I line the clip and attach to the back with hot glue. I have a ton for wholesale that already have clips if you're interested.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayla View Post

I would go with your #1. I think the green plastic back looks a bit silly.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:10

I agree #1, the green plastic back makes it look cheap and thrown together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess9737 View Post
I would go with your #1. I think the green plastic back looks a bit silly.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:32

I personally take the green thing off because I think it looks so bad! If you want the look of the flower with the green thing on you could try gluing a circle of matching fabric over the green thing. I use the stampin up big shot to cut perfect circles that I use on the back of other clips, that might solve both problems.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:37

I just line the clip and glue also Is the clip too small for the flower? I found with a few of the bows I made in the beginning the french barrette I was using was way too small for some of my bows and the bows would get 'floppy' but by going up a size they looked fine.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg