Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-29-2010, 02:43

Default Korker info

So I got to thinking the other week or two ago, "how do I go about selling korkers I make"?

So please help! Any tips are welcome too.

1. Do you bake your korkers longer when you are making them to sell?
2. Do you turn up the oven temp too?
3. What is the final length of each korker you sell?
4. How much do you tend to charge for each korker?
5. what sizes do you usually make?
6. Any sizes you don't make?

I have 8-10 2.5 gallon bags of korkers and well, I need to get rid of them and I want to make some money doing so I'm thinking. I just need to figure out if it's worth it.

If you want you can PM me too.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2010, 09:38

Default Re: Korker info

I remember your korkers you posted a few weeks ago and I thought they looked great! I haven't tried selling anything yet so I can't answer many of your questions. However, I have been trying to make perfect korkers for months now and I have never been happy with the way mine turn out. Something just wasn't right about them, but I followed all the tutorials and read through 40 pages of korker posts here. Then the other night I mistakenly baked my korker ribbon at 375 instead of 275. I also ran them under the faucet before I baked them. The ribbon turned out so tightly korked and beautiful! I sprayed them with the 1/2 sta-flo 1/2 water mixture and let them dry. I think I have finally got them the way I want them now!
Old 08-29-2010, 09:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGeorgia View Post
I remember your korkers you posted a few weeks ago and I thought they looked great!
Awww, thanks!!! I think I'm too hard on myself sometimes.

Quote:
Then the other night I mistakenly baked my korker ribbon at 375 instead of 275. I also ran them under the faucet before I baked them. The ribbon turned out so tightly korked and beautiful! I sprayed them with the 1/2 sta-flo 1/2 water mixture and let them dry. I think I have finally got them the way I want them now!
So when you baked them at 375 and ran themunder the faucet, they turned out great? You use sta flo and water too?
Old 08-29-2010, 10:27

My biggest tip is the sta flo. I recently started using it and love it for bows I sell.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:27

Yes, but I did not starch them until after I baked them. After baking at 375 for about 30 min. I lay the rods on old towels and spray them a few times with the starch mixture. I have been using UB and Schiff ribbon and both have worked well. Some white ribbon I have seen some brown spots on so I might need to start baking those separately at a lower temp.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies