New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-28-2010, 04:40

Default Color Combos

What do you use to come up with color combos? I dont want to go threw other sites and copy, but i really need help in coming up with color combos for Korkers & other bows. I'm really having a hard time and I dont know why lol.
Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2010, 04:45

Default Re: Color Combos

I actually go to children's clothing stores and the children's section of places like Target, Wal-Mart, etc. and see the popular/most common color combos... Shades of pink are huge for me, as well as solids (light pink, shocking pink, white, brown, lavendar, hot pink, etc.)... Anything bright is always big and for Fall/Winter anything paired with brown... HTH
"For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever." Romans 11:36
Old 08-28-2010, 04:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by leilei1202 View Post
I actually go to children's clothing stores and the children's section of places like Target, Wal-Mart, etc. and see the popular/most common color combos... Shades of pink are huge for me, as well as solids (light pink, shocking pink, white, brown, lavendar, hot pink, etc.)... Anything bright is always big and for Fall/Winter anything paired with brown... HTH
I agree with this. I also look at things that are in season or color combos of everyday things. for example right now I am making "candy corn korkers" they are orange white and yellow. Food and candy help lol. I do cotton candy, bubble gum, use colors that you seen in sprinkles. Things you see outside like flowers. Colors of sports teams, even look at your own clothes and decorations and see what colors you prefer together. I love to mix and match colors!! HTH
Old 08-28-2010, 04:50

I just do whatever I think is cute. I usually keep all my cut korker ribbon in a box and see if anything jumps out at me as cute. I also ask my daycare kids if they like some of the combos for a second opinion
Old 08-28-2010, 05:04

I agree. I look online at popular kids clothing store for color inspiration. I've also found alot of color combos that I like in things like pillows, rugs, wall art. Pretty much anything!
Old 08-28-2010, 05:05

I look at my daughters wardrobe and make things to match her stuff. It seems like every store and every clothing line has the same similar color combos.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:07

Thank you all so much for your imput! I will be browsing threw the kids section of stores for the next week now!!
Sponsored Links