New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-26-2010, 01:27
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 7
Default Help with korker

Hi! Im from Brazil and Im trying to make korkers, I cant find spray starch here so I was wondering if I can use homemade starch? Does anyone have a good recipe?
Also, for how long I should bake them?
Thanks a lot
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-26-2010, 01:29
aandja79's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,063
Default Re: Help with korker

I have no idea about home made starch, but I never use starch on my korkers anyway! I bake them at 275 for 20 minutes, and the curl stays in perfectly.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-26-2010, 01:39
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 360
Default Re: Help with korker

Found this: http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-m...ch-update.html.

I just started making korkers, and the first time I just baked, then fluffed and starched. They turned out great! So of course I tried spraying them with starch before baking to make them even better. This morning when I pulled them off the dowels, the curl seemed looser and they seemed softer. I think I like baking them without starch more.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-26-2010, 01:50
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 360
Default Re: Help with korker

And this: http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-m...-question.html.

Don't have time today to find more, but I bet there is tons of good reading if you search homemade starch.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-27-2010, 02:11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 7
Default Re: Help with korker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandja79 View Post
I have no idea about home made starch, but I never use starch on my korkers anyway! I bake them at 275 for 20 minutes, and the curl stays in perfectly.
Thanks for your reply!
So the ribbon wont get loose or even straight?
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08-27-2010, 02:16
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 7
Default Re: Help with korker

Quote:
Originally Posted by linrin View Post
And this: http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-m...-question.html.

Don't have time today to find more, but I bet there is tons of good reading if you search homemade starch.
Thanks a looot for the link.
I was also thinking my ribbon would turn out white lol, Ill try doing it with no starch at all.
Wheres the search engine in this website? (sorry to aks but I cant find).
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 08-27-2010, 02:21
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 7
Default Re: Help with korker

Quote:
Originally Posted by linrin View Post
Found this: http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-m...ch-update.html.

I just started making korkers, and the first time I just baked, then fluffed and starched. They turned out great! So of course I tried spraying them with starch before baking to make them even better. This morning when I pulled them off the dowels, the curl seemed looser and they seemed softer. I think I like baking them without starch more.
Thanks for your reply.
So, after u baked u startched? It doent get loose when wet?
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 08-27-2010, 05:05
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 360
Default Re: Help with korker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacinho View Post
Thanks a looot for the link.
I was also thinking my ribbon would turn out white lol, Ill try doing it with no starch at all.
Wheres the search engine in this website? (sorry to aks but I cant find).
Search is close to the top in the blue bar under and slightly to the left of the welcome message.

The curls on my korkers were nesting and making me nuts, so I sprayed them with starch and this helped stiffen and keep them separate. If you bake them the right way, they shouldn't uncurl even when you get them wet. In fact, my daughter wore them in the shower and they're still gorgeous!
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 08-27-2010, 05:38
fourmeowsboutique's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Thomaston, Maine
Posts: 327
Default Re: Help with korker

I use Hairspray

and I bake mine at 275 for 25.. differnt people have different pref.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 08-27-2010, 08:38
Robin7786's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,712
Default Re: Help with korker

I spray with starch, bake for 25min at 250 and then i let it cool. once its cooled, i fluff... spray with a little more starch and they hold AMAZINGLY
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


ribbon and bows and free hairbow instructions


http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/peony-ad.gif
7-8 zebra and leopard grosgrain ribbon
New product--7/8' sister ribbon
Mini Pinwheel Bows

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger