Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-28-2010, 10:31
Default Re: Dyeing ribbon

I hope you have good luck with dyeing the ribbon! I forgot to mention that you can add water to the DyeNaFlow paints to about 25%. I would do that if I wanted to use them as a tie dye on a fabric other than cotton. They also are non-toxic, where most of the other dyes use chemicals. I looked at my catalog, and it looks like there are 3 greens and a teal color. Maybe some testing of mixed amounts on a small piece of ribbon would help. (maybe use an eye dropper and count how many drops of each color, then you can see what ratio looks closest to the color you are looking for) I'm still trying to think of an easier way for you. I would just mix some up myself and try it out for you with what I have, but I am in the process of moving into a new house (where I actually have a craft room-yay!) and I know we will be in an upheaval for several weeks. If I think of something else, I'll let you know. If you give it a try, feel free to ask me if you have any questions about dyeing though. Once I get settled in, if I have any luck with the DRR, I may try to post a picture. If it works, I'm thinking there could be some pretty cool effects with it!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2010, 06:18

You can go on Rit's website and they have a color guide and the mixing instructions. You may still have to play with it cuz of the polyester but at least youll have a good direction.

Find me at www.zibbet.com/AllDolledUp
Old 09-07-2010, 05:59

Thank you to everyone who responded. I'm going to check out the websites and compare things, and see what I can buy locally. I haven't had any requests yet ,but want to plan ahead, especially since I am doing festivals and my girls are getting more involved in community activities.
Sponsored Links