Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-25-2010, 02:15

Question thin metal headbands

i have a bunch of shows coming up really soon, one starts next wed. and i need some ideas of what i can do with these really thin headbands that i picked up at the dollar store..... could you post some pics so i can see??? i have no idea what i want to do with them, something simple.
thats a bunch!!!
Sponsored Links
shopthecarousel-300.jpg
Old 08-25-2010, 02:20

Default Re: thin metal headbands

how do you cover them?? i was thinkin about adding a bow to them but do you think they would have to be covered???
Old 08-25-2010, 02:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilysmomma View Post
how do you cover them?? i was thinkin about adding a bow to them but do you think they would have to be covered???
Are they painted? I take the colored ones, don't line them with anything, add a flower in the same shade (or coordinating shade) and attach with a felt circle behind it. They sell really well for me.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:13

awesome!!! yes they are the colored ones so i think maybe i will try making some cute ribbon flowers and maybe some bowtie bows...maybe even just an applique and add that to them... but what to charge?????
Old 08-25-2010, 03:47
ksterling628

This is mine. I'm not crazy about them ( I hate the ends of these headbands) but I sell them for 5.00
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8965.jpg (51.1 KB, 132 views)
Old 08-25-2010, 04:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksterling628 View Post
This is mine. I'm not crazy about them ( I hate the ends of these headbands) but I sell them for 5.00
They are cute! Sorry to hijack, but how do you attach the ribbon to yours? I'm not having much luck w mine staying on. Double sided tape is too wide, but hot glue didn't hold in the long run.

Here is one of my sequin ribbon ones, but the ribbon ended up coming off, so I haven't sold any . Maybe E6000?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blue sequin metal on Lauren.jpg (49.8 KB, 87 views)

Old 08-25-2010, 04:07
ksterling628

I think that sequin one is cute! I just used fabritac (that's all i've ever used for anything) but after finding a few of my clippies that had the ribbon coming off, it's making me nervous about using it on metal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnLMommy View Post
They are cute! Sorry to hijack, but how do you attach the ribbon to yours? I'm not having much luck w mine staying on. Double sided tape is too wide, but hot glue didn't hold in the long run.

Here is one of my sequin ribbon ones, but the ribbon ended up coming off, so I haven't sold any . Maybe E6000?
Old 08-25-2010, 04:09

This is a pic of one of mine. I charge $7-8 for them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg August 015.jpg (37.4 KB, 86 views)
Old 08-25-2010, 05:08

awesome ladies!!! i was worried about the ribbon not staying also so i think since im pressed for time and really do love the look of the pink flower one im going to try that!! i do love the other ones also!! thanks so much!!!
Old 08-25-2010, 06:57

i also put my felt flowers on them!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9903079.jpg (16.1 KB, 58 views)
Sponsored Links
http://hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/LearnHowToMakeBows%20Banner.jpg