http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-25-2010, 11:14

Default HELP on a bottle cap bow please!???!!

Hey ladies - I am new to this site and fairly new to bow-making (or new to actually selling them). I used to make and sell bottle cap jewelry and have started attaching the caps to my daughter's bows.

I have had several people order cap bows from me, but today when I came into work the lady I made some for brought one of the bows back to me....the cap had fallen off!

I know it's not the end of the world, but it is to me. I only want to make a product that lasts and is good quality! I'm always very meticiculous when making my bows (or jewelry) so I feel very bad about this. I used a hot temp glue gun with a hot melt glue stick. Is there another option that would work better? E6000 maybe??

I should add that I put the images on the inside of the cap and glue the flat part to the bow. I was just thinking that my caps are colored, so maybe I should rough up the painted back to make it stick? Anyone else having this problem, or better yet....anyone have a solution??

Thanks in advance!!

jen
Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2010, 11:17

Default Re: HELP on a bottle cap bow please!???!!

E6000
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Nmd0E6MQ#gid=0

FACEBOOK GROUP FOR AWESOME BUYS:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/182211411884577/
www.PamperedPrincessPretties.com (Wholesale supplies)
Old 08-25-2010, 11:19

I put the e6000 on first then a dab of hot glue to make it stick faster then let it dry and it tends to hold very well! i always go back and double check to make sure by giving it a tug to see if it will come off

Heather
Old 08-25-2010, 11:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrysCreations View Post
I put the e6000 on first then a dab of hot glue to make it stick faster then let it dry and it tends to hold very well! i always go back and double check to make sure by giving it a tug to see if it will come off
E6000 it is! I will try using the hot glue w/it and see if that works. I have about 10 bows that I'm supposed to mail out today - wonder if I should go back and reinforce the caps with E6000? Hmmmm....

And - this is probably a dumb question. But how in the HECK do you deal with E6000? What I mean is - everytime I squeeze a tiny dab out, it starts flowing out and won't stop! Then it seems like the tube dries up really quickly. I've hated dealing with that stuff, which is why I hadn't been using it. But if that's what works, I will definitely go buy a fresh tube and learn to love it!

Thanks ladies!!
Old 08-25-2010, 11:25

Just had this problem yesterday, I read a post about using felt to feel the cap inside then hotglueing them to the bow.My hotglue from the felt of the bottlecap came off so maybe I didnt read the thread right, but I'm having her come back today and I'm gonna be using the E6000 it seems to be the only thing that really works!
Old 08-25-2010, 11:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyLizDesigns View Post
E6000 it is! I will try using the hot glue w/it and see if that works. I have about 10 bows that I'm supposed to mail out today - wonder if I should go back and reinforce the caps with E6000? Hmmmm....

And - this is probably a dumb question. But how in the HECK do you deal with E6000? What I mean is - everytime I squeeze a tiny dab out, it starts flowing out and won't stop! Then it seems like the tube dries up really quickly. I've hated dealing with that stuff, which is why I hadn't been using it. But if that's what works, I will definitely go buy a fresh tube and learn to love it!

Thanks ladies!!

I normally put it on all my caps at once (since it doesnt dry fast) then close it back up cause it wont take long to put a dab of glue gun and put it all together.

Heather
Old 08-25-2010, 11:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyLizDesigns View Post

Thanks ladies!!

Take the dab out then close the cap right after a pain but then you wont have all the dried up extra around it!
Old 08-25-2010, 11:29

Jem I use my caps the opposite way you do so I just glue a #45 button eyed back to the inside of the bow and then thread ribbon through the eye and glue it to the bow as a normal bow center....I just finished some flattened caps and for those was thinking using E600 would be the best way
Old 08-25-2010, 11:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat font View Post
Jem I use my caps the opposite way you do so I just glue a #45 button eyed back to the inside of the bow and then thread ribbon through the eye and glue it to the bow as a normal bow center....I just finished some flattened caps and for those was thinking using E600 would be the best way

I use the e6000 when I use flatbacks as centers as well I seem to like the flatbacks more than the bottlecaps both look cute!!

Heather
Old 08-25-2010, 11:58

I use the E-6000 too. I just ordered these tips off Etsy in hopes it would not be as messy! LOL!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/54024951...for-use-with-e
Sponsored Links

Tags
bottle caps, bows