new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-22-2010, 08:19

Default I need help!

Ok, I was just contacted by a local dance company to see if I could make some hairbows to go with a dance costume. I have no idea what dancers bows should be like but here is the photo of the costume...
http://www.justforkix.com/danceclasses/waterman_il/uniforms/viewdetail/20

She wants me to incorporate matching sequins in there somehow along with the orange. I have no idea what to use or what to do for that matter! What should I do and use? Then she offered to mail me a costume and some headbands that she has but won't be using. Should I have her send the costume? I'm so nervous!
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 08-22-2010, 08:34

Default Re: I need help!

My daughter is a dancer, and I've made tons of hair bows for her studio. I think it really depends on what the teacher has envisioned. I would come right out and ask her what she is looking for size wise, and how the girls will be wearing their hair (ponytail, bun, down w/ sides up??) it may make a difference as far as size. Maybe you can use the sequins to wrap the middle section of the bow, instead of using a knotted center. Also, there really is no dancer hair bow, they are just regular bows made to match.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:40

Thanks. I guess I should mention that she did say this...

"I picture them with more of a big bow they can wear on the top of their head that they can wear with big bouncy curls. I ordered some headbands, but I'm scared it won't be secure in their hair. Maybe something similar to the "bitty bows" but a lot bigger."
Old 08-22-2010, 08:52

Maybe you should try something kind of like a cheer bow. Not necessarily with the long tails, but I think the way the different size ribbons are layered would work really well. Using the sequins as the top layer. Does that make sense? I think those would go great with big curls. Good Luck!
Old 08-22-2010, 08:58

It sounds like she has a "shirley temple" style in mind. Did she specifically ask for headbands? If not, I would attach them to regular french clips. Stretchy headbands may work if they pin them with a ton of bobby pins.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:11

Do you guys think a stacked bow would be too much?
Old 08-23-2010, 05:51

I've made dance bows for my girls as well. I think a stacked bow would be good. But also, do you make the funky loopy bows?? You can add the glitter ribbon and some more shiny stuff in there. Shiny and glitter for dance is good.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhardison1 View Post
I've made dance bows for my girls as well. I think a stacked bow would be good. But also, do you make the funky loopy bows?? You can add the glitter ribbon and some more shiny stuff in there. Shiny and glitter for dance is good.
That's exactly what I was picturing. The bigger and glittery-er the better!
Old 08-23-2010, 10:24

Aww man! That would probably be a good idea! I haven't bit the bullet and bought the tut for them yet though!
Old 08-23-2010, 12:46

my 3 girls dance so we've seen tons of hair pieces. I would suggest something with a clippie because usually they have to take the headpiece off in a hurry, headbands are good idea too but if you wear up in a pony tail it has the tendancy to slip off, oh and most girls wear the head pieces to the side. I like the funky loop bow and add the colors of the dress in it and don't forget feathers thats big too.
Sponsored Links