new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-27-2008, 07:21

Default For those with sizzix machines...

I have 2 questions:

#1: What is a shim? I had a little piece of paper that says "This is a shim..." but I can't tell what the heck it's used for!

#2: Can you use the sizzlits dies on the original machine? I have the original and it seems like all of the dies are larger if I'd want to do any felt clippies or something, but when I was looking at the sizzlits it says it's good for the big kick and another one that I can't think of right now-but didn't mention the original sizzix. My machine has a converter thing on it so don't know if I can use those with that or what?

TIA
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2008, 08:02

Default Re: For those with sizzix machines...

1) just as an add-on that you place on top of the die before you cut... (i think...lol) ETA: I didn't bother w/ it...

2) Depending on what you're cutting... i hv one sizzlit die and it doesn't really cut on the felt (I use 100% wool felt). So, i only bought CB, QK and Sizzix Originals...

Oh..i hv the Sizzix Original die cut machine...

I'm not all that. I just like the last part.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:33

You can use the sizzlets on the original die system as long as you have the converter. I have both the sidekick, and original and prefer the sidekick for the sizzlets. It cuts more cleanly and thru thicker materials than when using the original w/ sizzlets.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:48

okay so i am a little slow do either of these machines cut through felt and how about ribbon tia
Old 03-27-2008, 09:50

And does it cut fabric, specifically 100% cotton quilting fabric?
Old 03-27-2008, 10:07

The sizzlets have a more difficult time as they are really only to cut out paper/cardstock etc. I have gotten them to cut through some types of ribbon and some thin felt. The original dies cut through any fabric-usually-, foil, cork, paper, ribbon, foam, and about a million other things. I have definitely gotten my money's worth on the original!!
Old 03-27-2008, 10:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodkath View Post
The sizzlets have a more difficult time as they are really only to cut out paper/cardstock etc. I have gotten them to cut through some types of ribbon and some thin felt. The original dies cut through any fabric-usually-, foil, cork, paper, ribbon, foam, and about a million other things. I have definitely gotten my money's worth on the original!!
~ditto~

I'm not all that. I just like the last part.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthia View Post
1) just as an add-on that you place on top of the die before you cut... (i think...lol) ETA: I didn't bother w/ it...

2) Depending on what you're cutting... i hv one sizzlit die and it doesn't really cut on the felt (I use 100% wool felt). So, i only bought CB, QK and Sizzix Originals...

Oh..i hv the Sizzix Original die cut machine...

Ok so the CB and QK dies work with it also? Do I need any converters for those?
Old 03-30-2008, 12:29

1. Yes, the CB and QB does work also. But, this is where the shims come into play. The CB and QB aren't quiet as thick as sizzlits so you use the shims (which you can cut from any scrap cardstock) to make up for the difference in thickness. You just place them on the top of the die and then the machine will be able to apply enough pressure to cut the dies. You just have to experiment to find out how many shims you will need.
  2. The shims are also useful for when your cutting mat gets a little worn and you're not getting enough pressure to cut all of the way through your dies.
  3. When cutting through fabric and especially ribbon I have found it useful to put packaging tape on the back of the fabric or ribbon to keep it from fraying and also to hold its shape. I just glue my items tape & all to my projects.
Hope this was helpful
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.