Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-21-2010, 08:18

Default Paper Glaze???

Has anyone used that on their BCs before?? If so, how did they turn out? Here is a link to what I am talking about. Thanks in advance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_87GfZWpqOE
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 08-29-2010, 06:48

Default Re: Paper Glaze???

I just bought some of this yesterday at Michael's to try out. I know it won't be like et lite, but I have such horrible luck with bottlecaps that I want to try something else to see how it works.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto2divas View Post
I just bought some of this yesterday at Michael's to try out. I know it won't be like et lite, but I have such horrible luck with bottlecaps that I want to try something else to see how it works.
So have you tried it yet? How did it work out for you? I am so curious to try this but it will have to be after my next show. Thanks.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:06

I have some of that! Although, mind you I have never used or tried anything else and I only bought it cause I didn't want to pay the price for the big box of the other popular glaze used. Because I am very amature at this I'm not sure I'd be of any help. a few of them the fog never cleared up, It did cause many bubbles but than again I know now how to make them go away and didnt so much then, I'd have to say if you did a very thin layer like some girls do it would work great but I like the 3d effect so now I only use the epoxy drops so much faster and I don't have to wait a couple days for them to set! Sorry I know I'm not much help!
Old 09-07-2010, 08:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovemberMommy View Post
So have you tried it yet? How did it work out for you? I am so curious to try this but it will have to be after my next show. Thanks.
It sucked! lol There was a lot of bubbles and they wouldn't come out with a lighter. I'm sticking with et lite eventhough I have troubles with that too! Ugh! But at least the bubbles come out with a lighter.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:43

I got some when I first started making bottle caps, and I HATED it. It would never fully cure on my caps, always stayed tacky even weeks later. I found some Mod Podge 3-Dimensional at Hobby Lobby by the polymer clay, and that worked really good, then Hobby Lobby sells one in the scrapbook section called Glossy accents, which I think they also sell at Michaels. I also love the 3-D crystal lacquer, although it is runnier than the previous two mentioned, so I need to remember not to over squeeze lol. And I also love the Judi Kins diamond glaze. I tried ET Lite, and it is just way too time consuming. And the great thing about the above glazes, if you get it on your hands, it washes off SO easy with just a little warm water!
Old 09-08-2010, 02:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetsouthernbowtique View Post
I got some when I first started making bottle caps, and I HATED it. It would never fully cure on my caps, always stayed tacky even weeks later. I found some Mod Podge 3-Dimensional at Hobby Lobby by the polymer clay, and that worked really good, then Hobby Lobby sells one in the scrapbook section called Glossy accents, which I think they also sell at Michaels. I also love the 3-D crystal lacquer, although it is runnier than the previous two mentioned, so I need to remember not to over squeeze lol. And I also love the Judi Kins diamond glaze. I tried ET Lite, and it is just way too time consuming. And the great thing about the above glazes, if you get it on your hands, it washes off SO easy with just a little warm water!
Does the diamond glaze make them look 3-d or give them the dome like look? I am using the resin drops right now and they are great but not as hard as I would like, so I was wondering about some other things to try that are little less expensive than et lite. Thanks for all the info.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:51

To me, it does. It is nice and hard and shiny. LOVE the way it comes out!!!
Old 09-09-2010, 08:28

I noticed on the video she put the pic on the inside of the bottle cap, is that where it goes. If you want it on tophow does that work. Do you pour it over the whole cap or try to keep it on top. What to you put your bottle caps on while you do this wax paper?
Old 09-09-2010, 04:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonsmommy View Post
I noticed on the video she put the pic on the inside of the bottle cap, is that where it goes. If you want it on tophow does that work. Do you pour it over the whole cap or try to keep it on top. What to you put your bottle caps on while you do this wax paper?
You can put them on the inside or the outside. I only do the outside right now. So I am no help there. Right now I am using the resin drop stickers so I am not sure but I have seen tuts on here even about pouring the resin directly on the BC enough to cover the image but not so much that it runs off... seems a little tricky, not sure if I am ready to try that or not. LOL
Maybe someone else can help.
Sponsored Links