Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-20-2010, 09:28

Default Mini twisted bows - can you help?

I love my templates and have been getting the boutique bows down but one problem I'm having is with the mini bows (using 3/8). I'm not sure how to tie/sew them to stay that way. If I just try to tie it off, it looks WAY off. Can anyone add any insight as to how they do their mini bows?
Pictures would be great, if you could. I always even look back at my instructions that come with my templates to make sure I'm doing it right. If you don't want to share on here but would like to help me out you can email me too at karina721 (at) yahoo (dot) com. Thanks for your help!
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 08-20-2010, 09:37

Default Re: Mini twisted bows - can you help?

I'm having some trouble with the sewing/tieing part too....I hope someone has some insight.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:41

Hopefully this will make sense...

First I use the figure 8 method to make the bow. After its made a bow shape, I then use a double prong clip to hold it in place. Then, I stitch a few little stitches and tie it off while it's being help by the clip. After it's sewn so that it won't come apart I take the double prong clip off and replace it with a large sally's clip. Then I tie it w/embroidery floss to crease the center. It soulnd like a lot, but that's the only way I seem to be able to do it!
Old 08-20-2010, 02:43

theres a youtube video one of the girls did.. its amazing..... i dont know where its at???? anyone know what im talking about?
Old 08-20-2010, 03:00

These are my favorite bows to make. I find it harder to sew them. I use the figure 8 method, hold with a salon clip and just tie. I kind of put my thumbs on either side of the ribbon so it pulls more from the middle than the outsides (does that make sense?) and then pull tight. It is easier to pull on the loops if they are a little off too if you do not sew. I do sew through the center a few times after I have tied just to be sure it is not going to come apart. If I do several layers I sew through all of them as well! HTH!
Old 08-20-2010, 03:28

Thanks ladies, I'm gonna have to play some more. I think these are so darn cute but frustrating to make!