new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-19-2010, 06:39

Default Bow Making Lessons

Several other moms keep asking me to teach them how to make bows, so I have finally agreed. I firgure many of you have found yourself in a similar position. Do you have any tips?
Is there any type of ribbon that is easier to learn with? I have recently switched to offray, which is stiffer than a Yama or UB, would softer be easier?
and in teaching others how much frustration should I expect?
Ya'll are the experts, so I thought I would pick your brain. I have only been doing this about a year now and am still quite green.
Thanks Brooke
Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2010, 06:47

Default Re: Bow Making Lessons

Sorry...I refuse to do it...this is my business, not a hobby.
How much are you charging them? I don't think anyone would be willing to pay me for my countless hours of research and trial and error. Let alone the time and money put into finding great suppliers...
Old 08-19-2010, 06:53

I don't teach either. I do help with finding suppliers, but that's about it. I've put lots of time, effort, time, money, TIME... did I mention TIME into my business and I'm not very keen on just giving away the tricks for free or for a fee for that matter!
Old 08-19-2010, 07:15

I don't teach them either. I point them to michaels, walmart, hobby lobby for ribbon but thats it!
Old 08-19-2010, 07:16

They will pay supply fees, but these are some of my best friends and we thought it might be a fun day. You know something to do in a group, besides scrap book.
None of them will be making their own bows in 6 months. They are just looking for a "playdate"
Old 08-19-2010, 08:22

If you read thru the post you will find that a lot of ladies here have lost friends this way. I personally wouldn't teach anyone. There was a lady here that did a b-day party for girls to make their bow, but she had all the different bows already made, she just layered them together (I think). I'm not trying to be mean, take this with a grain of salt. Anyway, good luck whatever you decide to do.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:29

Do you sale bows? If you do then I do not recommend showing anyone.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:34

well if its a play date...then any ribbon would be ok
Old 08-19-2010, 10:32

would these moms go to their favorite chinese food restaurant and ask them to show them their recipes and how to prepare them? no way, uh uh. i've learned alot here (still learning lots). i'm not to keen showing others how to do so that they don't need to buy from me. I use to make candles and we would get asked all the time to teach people. we would just say that it takes lots and lots of time and money for research and testing and that we don't share our recipes.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:32

So after all your I think that I am going to "double check my supplies and realize that I am short several key colors and have to get back with them" and suggest chicfila for our playdate instead.
Ya'll are right I really don't wamt them to know all my tricks, because if they do love it I will be out 5 really good customers and they may passh on all my secrets.
I knew ya'll would have great advice. You always do.
Brooke
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies