New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-19-2010, 10:59

Default Ranunculus Headbands and Felt Question...

When you're making ranunculus or any flower headband for that matter, do most of you ladies use a small piece of felt glued onto the back of the flower and elastic in order to secure the headband and make it more durable? If so, do you use felt to match the flower or the elastic? I have some flowers that I'm having trouble finding felt colors to match.. Ex.) avocado rannies..
"For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever." Romans 11:36
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 08-19-2010, 11:12
ClippyDiva

Default Re: Ranunculus Headbands and Felt Question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by leilei1202 View Post
When you're making ranunculus or any flower headband for that matter, do most of you ladies use a small piece of felt glued onto the back of the flower and elastic in order to secure the headband and make it more durable? If so, do you use felt to match the flower or the elastic? I have some flowers that I'm having trouble finding felt colors to match.. Ex.) avocado rannies..
If you can't find a piece of felt to match the flower, match the headband. But becareful because I learned the hardway when adding a black felt piece to a singed yellow or white organza flower, or anyting transluscent the felt WILL peak through
good luck
Old 08-19-2010, 11:24

Do you need the felt or can you glue the flower straight to a clip or the headband?

JoMarie
Old 08-19-2010, 11:28

Yeah, I just cut out a circle of felt and attach it to the back. It helps it look better, but it's also soft against the head and more secure. I don't use regular craft store felt, I buy a wool blend and match it as best as I can. I don't match the shades, just the colour.

Old 08-19-2010, 05:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClippyDiva View Post
If you can't find a piece of felt to match the flower, match the headband. But becareful because I learned the hardway when adding a black felt piece to a singed yellow or white organza flower, or anyting transluscent the felt WILL peak through
good luck
Thank you
"For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever." Romans 11:36
Old 08-19-2010, 05:39

I glue the flower layer by layer on a lined clip. That way it can be put on different headbands, attached to a purse or clipped on flip flops. They stay on fine (and my 5 mo likes to pull at them)
Old 08-19-2010, 06:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by leilei1202 View Post
For FOE I glue right onto the "loop" piece I cover the seam with. I haven't done much skinny elastic but I just used a piece of FOE as my backing & did it around the elastic - but made it wider - like a inch wide. Did that make any sense? Maybe I can take a pic!
Old 08-19-2010, 06:28

I just match the felt best I can.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:36

Never have any felt around here, but have lots of fleece bits 'n pieces! So I started punching circles and toss them in a baggie; and the color doesn't bleed or rub off. Can always find something in there to match flower or headband.
Sponsored Links