5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-18-2010, 08:44

Default Re: Tutu Bow Holder -- What kind of board?

I don't cover mine with batting, but I know some people do. I also use an exacto knife to cut it, make sure the blades are sharp, and I go lightly over the pattern first to score it, otherwise the knife seems to have a mind of its own!
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:19

I wanted mine to hold up good and I didn't want it to be able to "smash" like some types can......... I got a very thick piece of mat board.... Of course there was no way I could cut it with anything in the house... so my husband cuts them with his jig saw.... NO fear of them tearing up! ... I cover with batting to make them pop out, then add fabric!! So glad I decided to use this board!
Old 08-18-2010, 09:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenasbowtique View Post
I also use the 1/4" cut with an exacto knife, cover with batting, then fabric. HTH
OMG! Beautiful! I want to make one so bad but it's very intimidating. What do you use for glue? Do you go around the back? I just love yours.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:38

I use the foam board, no batting (although I may try it with one and decide which I prefer. I was cutting with an exacto knife, but had hubby try the knife end on my wood burner and he said it was sooo much easier to cut with.

Here's a pic of the very first one I made.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 26255_380897813590_764573590_3853374_3985629_n.jpg (29.6 KB, 66 views)
Old 08-18-2010, 04:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxiof2 View Post
OMG! Beautiful! I want to make one so bad but it's very intimidating. What do you use for glue? Do you go around the back? I just love yours.
Thanx. These are pretty addictive!! This is the 7th one I've made this month. To adhere all the layers I use spray adhesive. The bows are attached with hot glue.The back is covered with coordinating felt and I personally prefer the look with batting. The body looks fuller!!
Old 10-27-2010, 01:15

were did you get you intructions to cut out ur bodice or did you free hand
Old 10-27-2010, 01:42

These are so pretty! I too, have been curious to make one but feel like it may be a little too much for me to do
Old 10-27-2010, 05:42

I have only made a few, but they are getting better as I go. I make the small version casue I think they look better. I use the 1/4" foam board but I double it. Then I cover with batting and then fabric, with matching felt on back. I use all hot glue and they are holding up. And I just free handed a stencil on tracing paper and trace it onto my foam board. I can get 3 out of each piece of foam board.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:12

Do you glue the ribbon for the "hanger part"? What do you put on last the ribbon hanger part or the felt backing?
Old 10-30-2010, 12:37

Awesome info! Can someone take a pic of the back so we can see it? I too am curious how it looks and which is glued on first, the hanging ribbon or the felt. thanks!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg