http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-15-2010, 12:21

Default This is driving me crazy

1. I 1st want to apologize if this bow example was made by someone here. I will give you full credit (even if they aren't on this board)! It was only after I cropped the picture and saved it, that I realized it might have said the name of the owner!!!!

The arrows point to the bow I am trying to make. What is it called? I think I am making this type of bow, but I have tried my darndest to make MY loops look like this type of bow's loops....no luck. I tried starch and everything. What type of bow is it and any tips?

2. I have every tutorial known to man and every link, I am still trying to find more bows to make (paid tut or not), but I just don't think there are anymore out there, that I haven't tried to make ( seriously). Though I cannot for my life, perfect the funky loopy bow lol.

I know there is a link here that people post often for people trying to find free tuts, and I have that link and many others. I have the fabric bow, loopy, korker, stacked, you name it.

3. I really would like to find a very "elegant/pretty/frilly" bow design (hard to explain)that would look really nice for a flower girl to wear in a wedding. Anyone have any ideas?

I had a request for one (word of mouth is awesome) and I have no ideas but I have 3 months to figure it out if I take this on. I have done some googling but nothing that I think is spectacular (I have high expectations of myself). I do NOT want to copy anyone, I just want to get some ideas and make something of my own. I'm drawing a blank big time.

Ideas please?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bow.jpg (65.9 KB, 278 views)

Last edited by angelbabyz; 08-15-2010 at 12:23.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2010, 12:27

Default Re: This is driving me crazy

IF you are talking about the white print ribbon bow in the middle it is a twisted boutique bow. If you search that on here there are tons of tuts for it. It is not an easy bow to make look right & takes a lot of practice.
HTH
Beth
Old 08-15-2010, 12:30

ditto with Beth... that's a twisted boutique

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsmombeth View Post
IF you are talking about the white print ribbon bow in the middle it is a twisted boutique bow. If you search that on here there are tons of tuts for it. It is not an easy bow to make look right & takes a lot of practice.
HTH
Beth

I'm not all that. I just like the last part.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:36

Yes, the one with the cupcakes on it. Ok, so it is the twisted boutique bow. Good to know.

I have a template for the twisted boutique bow, but have been "weaning" myself off of it because my goal has been to be doing them without templates after much practice. But even if I use the template, I can't get it to look like that.

I just don't know what to do. There's obviously something I need to do that i'm not doing....but the fact is, I can't get from point A.... to point C without knowing what point B is. UGH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsmombeth View Post
HTH
Beth
Old 08-15-2010, 12:40

If you don't mind me asking, why are you trying to wean yourself off of templates? I will always use templates. I'm a little OCD about uniformity though

We might be able to help you if you post pics of what is happening so we can tell you what to do differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbabyz View Post
Yes, the one with the cupcakes on it. Ok, so it is the twisted boutique bow. Good to know.

I have a template for the twisted boutique bow, but have been "weaning" myself off of it because my goal has been to be doing them without templates after much practice. But even if I use the template, I can't get it to look like that.

I just don't know what to do. There's obviously something I need to do that i'm not doing....but the fact is, I can't get from point A.... to point C without knowing what point B is. UGH.

Old 08-15-2010, 12:41

To get it to look like that, when you separate at the top, make an exaggerated "x", meaning spread out your top layers a lot, almost to the point that when you separate them, the loops almost touch each other. Hope this makes sense, hard to explain.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:42

I also agree with Shelly, I will always use my templates, I am too a little OCD about all my bows being the same size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredsmiles View Post
If you don't mind me asking, why are you trying to wean yourself off of templates? I will always use templates. I'm a little OCD about uniformity though

We might be able to help you if you post pics of what is happening so we can tell you what to do differently.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:51

But if your using the template (which I have) how do you spread the figure 8 any bigger than the template allows?
Old 08-15-2010, 01:18

What templates are you using? I can only get the loops to look like the ones in the photo using the BBM. I think it just takes a lot of practice. I still can't get my loops even or get my twisteds to look right after creasing. It is so frustrating but if I can ever get them to look like the one in the pic then it will be worth it!
Old 08-15-2010, 01:50

I use NBNG templates, you pull the ribbon off the template and separate by hand.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies