Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-14-2010, 05:01
Default Frustrated!

I"m so frustrated! I've been trying to make bottlecaps for my own use. I've tried several differant techniques and only a couple of have turned out. I've been using mod podge for the adhereing it the cap and either mod podge or Aleene's Collage Pauge. Isn't an instant Decoupage. It's glossy, water resistant, glue, sealer and finish. I'm limited on what i can get around here. This is what the itty bitty craft store owner reccomended. The problem i'm having is most cracking during the drying process. I"m not sure what i can i said limited on supplies around here. I bought my images off ebay and they are on photo paper. I also have some Krylon clear stuff available if that would help anywhere in the process. I've been reading around here, but nothing has popped out about anyone else's top coats cracking. Help!! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 08-14-2010, 06:00
Default Re: Frustrated!

I don't know...what popped into my head is either a reaction with the photo paper or maybe the temperature/humidity of where they are drying? I'm sure someone else will have more ideas for you too.

found this that does mention the temp/humidity issue
Old 08-14-2010, 06:38

Thanks for your help! I do work in my i'm wondering if that has something to do with it. It is cooler down there for sure. Maybe I will try bringing some upstairs and see what happens. Thanks again!
Old 08-15-2010, 12:04

I personally have never liked Modge Podge. There are better products out there that I have seen on etsy. I no longer make my own bottle caps because I have been too busy with bows. I usually contact a lady and tell her what I need and she makes them for me. She usually ships out within 24 hours.
Sponsored Links
little pink ladybug