New products--Rainbow dot 3/8' grosgrain ribbon

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-14-2010, 03:33
Default Bottlecaps

I am having a hard time! I bought bottlecaps got bottlecap pictures done at cvs and a 1 inch puncher. I modpodged the back of the picture to place it on the bottlecap left it for 24 hours to dry and the next morning the photo isn't even stuck on the bottle cap??? What is going on? Am i not doing this right I also sealed the top of the pic with mod podge. And there is even a clear rim around the picture what am i doing wrong? Please help. Ohhh I also painted my bottlecaps with a sharpie permanent marker. Please help!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2010, 03:54
Default Re: Bottlecaps

Xyron sticker maker and alot try buying colored bottlecaps instead of perm. Marker and JMO but modge podge doesnt exactly look professional when sealing bottlecaps try a resin
❝i FAiLED MY WAY 2 SUCCESS!❞- Thomas Edison

If your gonna be so quick to invoice! Be Quick to SHIP! - EXPECT HONEST FEEDBACK FROM ME!!!
& Dont worry, Retaliatory Feedback DOESNT SCARE ME!!! Im a Buyer NOT a seller! Just Sayin!!!
Old 08-14-2010, 04:19

i have a destash for colored bottle caps, and also a new group buy is open for all colors of caps.

if you do a search on here there is alot of topics and useful information on making great bottle caps. most people use xyron sticker maker, i personally use a glue stick, but everyone has their own preference. another thing people like to use is thermo web from michaels,
Check out my wholesale supplies on facebook
I have a Private group for open group buys, please send friend request and PM via facebook to join
Old 08-14-2010, 06:00

I had trouble with the images popping off when adhering them with Modge Podge and with a glue stick. I use the Xyron now and haven't had one come off yet!
Boutique Bottle Cap, Scrabble Tile and Glass Tile Images

Old 08-14-2010, 06:29

I use a regular glue stick to adhere the image to the cap (didnt like the sticker maker). After its dried, I go around the edges with modpodge, then over the image with modpodge(glossy) with a paint brush. After that dries completely, I apply colores doming resin. This has been the only way that has worked for me after tons of messed up caps, images peeling off, etc... The resin filled in the paint brush strokes from the modpodge, so its completely clear and smooth.
Sponsored Links
hair flower patterns and instructions