http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/lined-alligator-clips-with-teeth.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-rainbow-chevron-ribbon.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/1-25-satin-DIY-mini-bow-combo-1.jpg
new product--crochet hat

1.5' 7/8' Zebra New Colors

New products--peony new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-13-2010, 05:44

Default Covered Buttons - How to Center Fabric Design?

I have been experimenting with a couple of the larger size buttons and fabric prints I have. I am having the worst time getting the design centered on the button. I have read a few tip threads here, and even tried double stick tape this last time. Still no luck =(

Does anyone having any tips/tricks to share? I would appreciate it!

With the rate I'm 'ruining' buttons, guess I may have to stick to just patterns that don't need to be centered. Bummer, as all the centered design ones are so cute! (Two failed attempts are pictured, size 60 and size 45)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg button.jpg (40.0 KB, 21 views)
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:04

Default Re: Covered Buttons - How to Center Fabric Design?

When I make them, I look through the tool to see if it is centered, I pull on the fabric to adjust it sometime. you know you can take them apart if you mess them up. Although you will lose your fabric, you can still reuse the button. I just cut a slit across the top part of the fabric and pull to take the back off. HTH
Old 08-13-2010, 07:08

I use spray adhesive. Just spray some on the front of your button and place the fabric where you want it, let it dry then use the tool to finish the button off.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhardison1 View Post
When I make them, I look through the tool to see if it is centered, I pull on the fabric to adjust it sometime. you know you can take them apart if you mess them up. Although you will lose your fabric, you can still reuse the button. I just cut a slit across the top part of the fabric and pull to take the back off. HTH
I did not know how to take them apart, I will try this.Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady View Post
I use spray adhesive. Just spray some on the front of your button and place the fabric where you want it, let it dry then use the tool to finish the button off.
I have some of the spray, will give this a try. Thanks!
Old 08-13-2010, 11:25

Using a glue stick may help keep the fabric in place too.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:00

Try these
HTH

http://www.etsy.com/shop/buttonzone?section_id=6268782
Old 08-17-2010, 03:07

I have used the spray adhesive and it worked well for me. You can reposition it several times before it dries too. When I had to take my buttons apart I just used a eye glass screw driver to pop the back off the button and it has worked every time. It doesnt bend it at all and you only have to apply very little pressure.
Sponsored Links

Tags
fabric covered button