new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-26-2008, 11:45
mom2girls

Default Re: Flip Flop Question

thanks for your ideas, and such, i think if the bows not to big it looks weird too LOL i don't listen to dh half the time

well i made a bow and attached it (not all the way) to a flip flop without the covered thong and yea it looks cheap and weird so no i don't think that would be a good idea, i didn't like it a nyway,,,

but i do like how the thong part looks with just the ribbon on top of it instead of being all the way wrapped kwim, WoodKath, what size of ribbon do you use for your flops or do you just compare ribbon to the thongs to see which fit?
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:21

Those flipflops are the cutest!!! I really like the strip of ribbon running down the side instead of wrapped. It looks clean and I am all about clean simple lines. When someone was asking about the thong part, I thought they meant the part that goes between the toes.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2girls View Post
thanks for your ideas, and such, i think if the bows not to big it looks weird too LOL i don't listen to dh half the time

well i made a bow and attached it (not all the way) to a flip flop without the covered thong and yea it looks cheap and weird so no i don't think that would be a good idea, i didn't like it a nyway,,,

but i do like how the thong part looks with just the ribbon on top of it instead of being all the way wrapped kwim, WoodKath, what size of ribbon do you use for your flops or do you just compare ribbon to the thongs to see which fit?
Usually it's 3/8" ribbon. I am glad you all like them!!!
Old 03-26-2008, 08:25
mom2girls

ok, i;ll have to keep that in mind
Old 03-26-2008, 08:28

i saw a paper at HL where they took a razor and did little slices on the thong part about 1" apart and the weaved the ribbon in and out of that--i think i might try that

Old 03-27-2008, 01:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeasbowtique View Post
When someone was asking about the thong part, I thought they meant the part that goes between the toes.
That's what I thought too lol
Old 03-27-2008, 03:03

How do you get the ribbon on the thong part (and around the base) to look so flat and perfect? On the ones I've seen it looks like the shoe was made that way!! What kind of glue is used? Does it stay looking good for a while?
Old 03-27-2008, 08:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytiebugs View Post
How do you get the ribbon on the thong part (and around the base) to look so flat and perfect? On the ones I've seen it looks like the shoe was made that way!! What kind of glue is used? Does it stay looking good for a while?
I usually use E6000 for that. It's really smelly, but holds really well. As for lining it straight, I just tug and pull until I get it where I think it looks good. HTH.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodkath View Post
I usually put some ribbon on the thong if I don't completely wrap it. If you go to my etsy site, you can see some of them. It's hard for me to describe. I am more of a visual person.

Your flip-flops are so cute! Do you scotch-guard the ribbon? And I might have missed it but where do you get your flip-flops? So cute!!!
Old 03-27-2008, 09:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyns_mom View Post
Your flip-flops are so cute! Do you scotch-guard the ribbon? And I might have missed it but where do you get your flip-flops? So cute!!!
Thanks!! I get my flops at Old Navy usually. Most of the people who buy from me request that brand as they hold up better. They are made from rubber as opposed to foam which will start to "break apart". I do usually scotch guard them to keep them as clean, etc. for as long as they can. I am doing about 70 pairs for an upcoming show and won't do that until the last minute.