New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-11-2010, 11:49

Default another korker question

do you sew or tie your korkers and if you sew them do you stack them on your needle on top of each other in a stack or twist them so they sit apart iykwim

thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2010, 09:27

Default Re: another korker question

i was looking for the answer for this too!!!! but u asked it first!! im getting really frustrated because i cannot seem to get my ribbon nice and straight... it comes out all bunched up or in areas where it should be curled its flat messing up the whole thing!! i used to tie them and they would come out great but then the pieces would come out... thats y i switched to sewing but now they are a hot mess... I usually stack them just one right on top of the other i cut them to 2.5 inches any help anyone
Old 08-20-2010, 02:12

I sew mine.. but after trial and error.. this is how I do it

First off I use white Nylon Bead Thread comes in 300ft rolls in the bead section of walmart for like 2.00? maybe 3.00. I dont use a lot of thread I use the right lenth for the job persay. I Stack my korkers on my needle but I dont do it all going the same way i mix it up a tad. And after they are all on my thread I go back threw the korkers.. if i get them all the 2nd time around is another question ( is why i use bead thread it supports it even if i dont go threw again)

Then after i tie and cut.. i fluff it up make it look nice. and then I spay HAIRSPRAY or you can use starch w/r or do nothing.. Its whatever you decide.

Its trial and error to get them the way you want.. just dont give up my first 25 Korker bows looked like crap and i kept going
Old 08-20-2010, 02:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkincreations View Post
I sew mine.. but after trial and error.. this is how I do it

First off I use white Nylon Bead Thread comes in 300ft rolls in the bead section of walmart for like 2.00? maybe 3.00. I dont use a lot of thread I use the right lenth for the job persay. I Stack my korkers on my needle but I dont do it all going the same way i mix it up a tad. And after they are all on my thread I go back threw the korkers.. if i get them all the 2nd time around is another question ( is why i use bead thread it supports it even if i dont go threw again)

Then after i tie and cut.. i fluff it up make it look nice. and then I spay HAIRSPRAY or you can use starch w/r or do nothing.. Its whatever you decide.

Its trial and error to get them the way you want.. just dont give up my first 25 Korker bows looked like crap and i kept going
hmm ok maybe thats y.. im using some super thin thread... so i go through like 2 times up down up and then down again... ill try using thicker thread... maybe my length is all wrong too maybe i should just do 3 inches?? anyone do 2.5 like me?? thanks for the help
Old 08-20-2010, 04:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupialr85 View Post
hmm ok maybe thats y.. im using some super thin thread... so i go through like 2 times up down up and then down again... ill try using thicker thread... maybe my length is all wrong too maybe i should just do 3 inches?? anyone do 2.5 like me?? thanks for the help
I do 3 inches. I've never tried 2.5.

Glad I could be of some help
Old 08-20-2010, 04:19

I cut 2" segments. I stack them on a threaded needle & fan them out. I alternate the colors so it is an even mixture. I thread all the way up then all the way down, then tie off & glue to my clip. Some times the ribbons curl over one and other. You have to separate them and fluff after assembly. Then I spritz with starch again & let dry. Hanging upside down to dry can help fluff it a bit more too.

korker pink brown 2.jpg

Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif