Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(20x2yd Solid Boutique Ribbons)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-satin-autism-pinwheel-bow.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/glitter-ribbon-250.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/kanzashi-flower-butterfly-forum-ads.JPG
New product--1.8mm bottle cap hole punch

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-22-2011, 06:16

Default Re: Ribbon heaven. Worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by msiluvbows View Post
Hi ladies, I'm very disappointed with Ribbon Heaven. I heard lots of great things about them so i was very excited to purchase a membership. I did over a year ago. my first order took forever to process because i would add to my order and a day later it was out of stock then when it was added again another was out, either way i got the ribbon and couldn't have been happier, it was great quality ribbon and the prices were great. my second order was fast and again happy with what i got. Here comes the problem. I needed solid, they have a link to it but nothing there. I was told i can ask and that they would give me a good deal, i did, i email they emailed back then they would take forever to reply and after months i finally got frustrated because i really needed the ribbon and they they tell me that they are really busy so maybe i should order off their wholesale sit. I was so upset because they should have not said yes in the first place. I dropped it but i was very upset. Now I'm looking for DRR at a good price and have literally sent 4 messages asking about the prices and any discounts and not one reply. I don't mean to make anyone look bad and i totally understand they are extremely busy and they also have day jobs but i don't see how some people get Excellent costumer service while other ones like me get crappy service. All it takes is a "yes we do offer DRR at this price and if you would like some please place an order" or if they dont want to sell to me that fine just say so. Sorry ladies, this makes me so upset
Sorry about that. I will forward this on to Donna for you. Ribbon heaven is a group buy site for custom ribbon. You can order from Tabbywabby and use the coupon code (PM me for coupon code). We do group buys for solid ribbon, but it is not an in-stock item. In my opinion, we should not even have the links up on the site for those items. She intends to add these other types of ribbon in the future, but obviously we have kept her swamped with orders & group buys and she hasn't had a chance to. Feel free to contact moderators of ribbonheaven's yahoo group if Donna does not reply to emails. Our email addresses are on the bottom of every group message/ digest.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2011, 06:30

Thanks. I know you guys are all busy i can see from all the messages i get i just feel that if someone buys a membership its for a reason and I'm sure none of use to it to bother anyone or to upset anyone but we just get excited with all the ribbon and i think its unfair when i have to send email after email to get an answer and i have sent 2 over facebook which I'm not sure who gets those but the same no reply there so its just something i wanted to share. I was wondering about the DRR and if i order from tabby wabby if the price on there is what i would pay? but you answered me question about the discount. thanks again
Old 02-22-2011, 06:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by msiluvbows View Post
Thanks. I know you guys are all busy i can see from all the messages i get i just feel that if someone buys a membership its for a reason and I'm sure none of use to it to bother anyone or to upset anyone but we just get excited with all the ribbon and i think its unfair when i have to send email after email to get an answer and i have sent 2 over facebook which I'm not sure who gets those but the same no reply there so its just something i wanted to share. I was wondering about the DRR and if i order from tabby wabby if the price on there is what i would pay? but you answered me question about the discount. thanks again
You're so welcome. She is really hard to get a hold of by email. She gets literally hundreds of emails a day & has helpers answering emails. She also has her phone number listed on the website, which I know seems a bit intimidating to call her but she is a total sweetheart. She isn't ignoring you on purpose. I understand your frustration.

Old 02-22-2011, 07:12

I don't think it's worth it. I joined months ago and still have no been approved on the forum or the fb page. So far I am not a fan. There's no realnintroduction or welcome and I feel lost on auctions and group buys which I see on the rh page but never anything when I click on the link. Just sharing since I ferlni got very little for what I paid.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:15

I have had nothing but good experiences on there. I haven't kept up wtih the group because I have been too busy to do so. When I do check on there I get so mad at myself because I miss out on some of the solid buys. For me the membership is worth it and I have had no bad experiences.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:21

I love it and she is getting WAAAAAY better on shipping faster the ribbon is GORGEOUS!!!
Old 02-22-2011, 07:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella bambina View Post
I don't think it's worth it. I joined months ago and still have no been approved on the forum or the fb page. So far I am not a fan. There's no realnintroduction or welcome and I feel lost on auctions and group buys which I see on the rh page but never anything when I click on the link. Just sharing since I ferlni got very little for what I paid.
Can I ask if your paypal address is different than your email address? Yahoo group invites & welcomes are mailed to paypal address. Please touch bases with me at [email protected] if you did not get these. I'm so glad you said something here!

Old 03-11-2011, 06:52

NOOOOOO Not worth it!!!!!!!! First off, they changed their rules so that you can't use the ribbon for resale.

Second, I ordered from them, shipped in a decent time (I was scared after seeing comments) but it did arrive timely BUT 2 of my ribbons were wrong. I emailed her to tell her that and she requested me to take pictures of my invoice and the ribbon to prove I wasn't lying. Not sure how I feel about that one!!!

I took my pictures and it has been 4 days (and 2 follow ups) and NOTHING. Would be nice to know I am "approved" to receive my correct ribbon or if they even still have any. I have emailed 2x as stated and called. No answer when you call and you can't even leave a voicemail. I am NOT HAPPY.

So my review...great ribbon...great price....decent ship time...BAD customer service!!

ETA: My correct ribbon was shipped.

Last edited by 1pink1blue; 03-23-2011 at 01:13.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:42

I've only been a member for a few months. I've never had a problem with customer service. The shipping is kind of slow, but my most recent order came pretty quickly. If I post a question to the group I always get a speedy answer. I even get answers to non-ribbon heaven related questions. I love the custom prints and I love the fact that you don't have to pay for it and then wait two months to get it. They already have it in hand. I've only placed three orders and when you compare their prices to other site's prices I've almost recouped my membership fee (which is lifetime not yearly). I am looking forward to any upcoming solids and dots buys!!!
Old 03-15-2011, 10:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1pink1blue View Post
NOOOOOO Not worth it!!!!!!!! First off, they changed their rules so that you can't use the ribbon for resale.
This has *always* been the rule. Even before Ribbonheaven was created & it was group buys on her previous yahoo group Tabbywabby. You can't sell on Ebay or Etsy. Facebook, your personal site, other groups are OK if you have the ribbon in hand (meaning you can't do a "group buy" in other groups for ribbonheaven ribbon).

She takes pics of her orders before she ships out because she has had people say that they didn't get things that they did get She does this with every reported shipping error. She isn't singling you out.

Have you tried calling Donna directly? Her number is on the "contact us" page. That is the best way to get a hold of her. She is currently slammed shipping out the group buy ribbon. Sorry this is so frustrating for you!

Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg