New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-11-2010, 10:43

Default Re: How does she make these centers?

I got an email a few weeks ago (I'm on her update list). She said that she is shutting down her site for a while and most of her images will be discontinued. She brought back some of her discontinued ones till her store closes (which I believe is 8/14- she pushed the close date back). She said she is taking her business in a "new" direction. She said she will still be doing graphic design, but in a different format. As of now, she is keeping it a secret. So, I'm not sure if she will still be doing images or not.

I have loved her images and have bought tons of them over the past couple of years. She always ran 50% off sales, so you could get them for less than $1. I was disappointed when she started really scaling back new images due to her family life I think. So, I guess to answer your question, yes if she does stop making these graphics and you offered similar graphics, cute mousehead, m2mg graphics, girly graphics ,etc, at her prices there would probably be a market for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonLilly View Post
Is she closing shop for good?

And if so would you think anyone would be interested if I opened up a shop that offered those type of images.

Sonya
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 08-11-2010, 11:21

It is a plastic type material that you color, design in one size, cut to shape, then you bake it and it "shrinks" and is really hard. I used to get it when I was a kid and make little trinkets.

My mom just gave me a sheet of the inkjet type which I didn't know anything about. I have yet to try it but think it would work great for custom orders because you can just create a graphic on your computer and print it out., then cut and bake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealove4 View Post
What's a shrinky dink? lol
Old 08-12-2010, 12:07

Marked
Old 08-12-2010, 12:41

I have a friend that does this its not done with a shrinky dink though never thought of using one of those! she uses a program on her computer buys transfer paper prints out the design she wants to match her ribbon and uses a iron to transfer it on anything she wants she also buys plain colored ribbon and does the same to transfer the same design onto the ribbon to make it custom very cute! too time consuming for me though. She sprays the center with aileens stiffin quick to make it stiff and stand up since it is fabric ill try to find a pic of one of hers to post on here i think he has a tutorial also Hope this helps
Old 08-12-2010, 12:58

I had to go shopping! I just bought some from her! I love her stuff. I bought the sparkles from her years back and she was a dream to do business with!

www.doodlesbowtique.com
Old 08-12-2010, 01:38

I had completely forgot about Shrinky Dinks! When I was little we used to do them.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:25

I love the look of those---is it hard to do? I never did Shrinky Dinks when I was a kid---guess I was deprived--LOL!
Old 08-12-2010, 10:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by karina721 View Post
Shrinky dink?
That was my first thought

Krista
Old 08-12-2010, 11:04

Very cute idea. I know I will be looking for this in the future. I loved doing Shrinky Dinks when I was a kid as well. We used to make necklaces with ours.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg