New products--alligator clips with teeth
Free bottle cap tutorial/instructions--sealing bottle caps
New products--3' star grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/40yd-solid-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New products--hip scottie III
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/24pc-inter-daisy-hb-cmb.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-10-2010, 10:22

Default Re: DRR bows

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaNun1 View Post
I have so much DRR but I don't like it either! Mine is all 5/8" though. I don't like how the twisted come out with this ribbon. The only thing I've gotten to look decent is making two bow tie bows and stacking them both. But then I don't like how how the grosgraing centers look when you go to finish the bows. What does everyone use for the centers????
I use the same DRR, just pull the knot SUPER hard. I also have to pull on each side of the ruffle to make sure it is good and tight. So basically if your knot is lying sideways like this: =x= , you'd pull the top and bottom of the left = and the top and bottom of the right =. If you do, it should get it nice and tight and make a cute little center knot.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 08-10-2010, 10:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyeeshawebb View Post
www.facebook.com/twistytotsboutique

I've not added any pics in a long time, but I have a model pic of a baby girl, she is wearing the Drr bow, and a birthday shirt I made.
Ooooh, thank you for sharing. That headband and bow is great and that little curly blondie is adorable.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:28

Love this!!!!

Attachment 45967
Old 08-10-2010, 10:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summeroo View Post
Love this!!!!

Attachment 45967
Thank you!

Old 08-10-2010, 10:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredsmiles View Post
I was intimidated by this ribbon at first too. I had hoarded it for about a year and a half & had a couple failed attempts. For the record, my failed attempts were the twisted boutique bows. It just wasn't rigid enough to hold the loops on its own.

Attachment 45967

I love this style with the DRR. This is two layers. Each layer is two separate loops that are stitched side by side. These are so easy to make. You don't want to make them too wide or they flop though.
This is gorgeous! Do you mean each layer is two seperate loops like the bow tie bow put together to make the pinwheel type bow? (Am I making sense?? maybe not sorry) So if you seperated them you would have four separate pieces? I'm trying to get this because I love your bow.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckymommy View Post
This is gorgeous! Do you mean each layer is two seperate loops like the bow tie bow put together to make the pinwheel type bow? (Am I making sense?? maybe not sorry) So if you seperated them you would have four separate pieces? I'm trying to get this because I love your bow.
Exactly. It is two of these:

See how the top two loops is one piece and the bottom two loops is a separate piece? The are simply stitched through the center & cinched together. Then stack one on top of the other. I make mine so the top layer is slightly shorter.

Old 08-10-2010, 11:05

Quote:

See how the top two loops is one piece and the bottom two loops is a separate piece? The are simply stitched through the center & cinched together. Then stack one on top of the other. I make mine so the top layer is slightly shorter.
I see, thanks for sharing!
Old 08-10-2010, 11:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrybaby View Post
here is my first attempt at them. I just layered two boutique style DRR bows.

Love it!

Quote:
I was intimidated by this ribbon at first too. I had hoarded it for about a year and a half & had a couple failed attempts. For the record, my failed attempts were the twisted boutique bows. It just wasn't rigid enough to hold the loops on its own.

Attachment 45967

I love this style with the DRR. This is two layers. Each layer is two separate loops that are stitched side by side. These are so easy to make. You don't want to make them too wide or they flop though.
LOVE IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summeroo View Post
Do you happen to have any pictures you'd be willing to share. I too do not make bows with this gorgeous ribbon because it frustrates me. I just think it is such beautiful ribbon I want to make something beautiful with it.

Thanks.
Exactly

Thank you all you've been very helpful!

Old 08-10-2010, 11:11

Quote:

going to do this!

Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg