New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-09-2010, 01:29

Default What colors to order

Okay so I am trying to order ribbon online for the first time. I need help I feel like the dogs in UP cause I keep chasing squirrels. What is a good place to order from and what colors to order??? I know that different areas sell differently but what colors are good sellers for you? I can't seem to decide and I am feeling very overwhelmed any advice would be appreciated so much. Thanks so much
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 08-09-2010, 04:03

Default Re: What colors to order

I am the same way, I get distracted way too easily. I usually order whatever prints I like, and still need to get more solids. Fall colors are going to be very popular soon, and from what I have read purple, grey, and icy blue tones are going to be big this fall/winter.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, I'm too new to this to say what a constant popular color would be, I'd hate to steer you wrong.

I forgot to add about where to get ribbon. I have only ordered from a few places so far so can't say what some of the place's quality is like, but I like hairbowcenter, they are good, and I love the ribbon I got from them (their moonstitch ad is taunting me right now haha). Not sure what brand it is they carry. I have also ordered from UB, and like others have mentioned it is thinner ribbon but I do like it. I've not tried to make a bow with their wider ribbon though so not sure how that is. I've ordered from the HG store and the ribbon there is great, as is Ribbon Heaven, I need to order more but hoping to see more turkey ribbon first!

Other than that there is the ribbon retreat, ribbon carnival, really reasonable ribbon (that's who I'd like to order from next). There are so many others...check the sticky threads in the supplies forum, there's a ribbon supplier list there and it's going to be a lot better than me trying to use my faulty memory lol.

Last edited by Aeonix; 08-09-2010 at 04:09.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:44

I order from RABOM and if you join their club, it is always 10% off solids and you get coupons throughout the year.

As far as colors, I woudl start with:

white, black, brown, pink, shocking pink, purple, red, navy, yellow, orange, and apple green in 3/8", 7/8", and 1.5" depending on what type of bow you are wanting to make.

A few prints too, but not too many until you see what sells for you the best. Maybe zebra and dots to start with.

HTH
Old 08-09-2010, 04:51

What she said.

black, brown, white, purple, light pink, shocking pink, red, orange.... You will want to get 3/8 to line clips and depending on what kind of bows 7/8 & 1.5". Also zebra stuff is a good seller. You may also find out what the school colors in your area are and those are usually good colors to go with.

What area are you in?

I like Radom and
http://www.ribbonplace.com/
for solids...
Old 08-09-2010, 04:52

You can't go wrong with white, black, red, light pink and dark pink I think those are popular everywhere!
Old 08-09-2010, 04:58

Thank you this gives me a place to start. I am way to distacted by the prints! I have been browsing sights all day long! Not very productive I must say. Thanks for the advice on the prints by the way! I need tunnel vision!
Old 08-09-2010, 05:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmileeDesigns View Post
What she said.

black, brown, white, purple, light pink, shocking pink, red, orange.... You will want to get 3/8 to line clips and depending on what kind of bows 7/8 & 1.5". Also zebra stuff is a good seller. You may also find out what the school colors in your area are and those are usually good colors to go with.

What area are you in?

I like Radom and
http://www.ribbonplace.com/
for solids...
I am in Belvidere il, its outside of Rockford and about an hour from Chicago
Old 08-09-2010, 06:54

my first order, i felt the same way! I ordered ribbon, that I still haven't even touched! I found that I like using the smaller ribbons. But I tend to enjoy making sculptures, mini bows, flower clippies, and korker bows! in time u will notice what u tend to use the most if. I would definitely recommend the colors in the rainbow to start with. With a couple different pinks. Don't forget the basic brown, white, and black too!
Old 08-09-2010, 08:37

I agree with everyone on the colors, I would also add Periwinkle and Turqouise, I use alot of both. I only order solids from RABOM they have great ribbon and a great selection of colors. I found it helpful to order their color chart so that I could see the true colors. The colors on the monitor are a little off. It also helps when Customers wanna pick certain colors. I mark off on the chart the colors I have an dthey can pick from that and I dont have to pull out everything. HTH
Old 08-11-2010, 12:36

I agree with the white, black, red, rose (or a light) pink, dark pink, and seasonally I do a lot of navy (uniforms) and orange (Halloween).

I cleared out my pm's too!
Sponsored Links