new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-24-2008, 04:53

Default Can bowmakers make any bow??

I bought a bowdabra bow maker at michaels the other day hoping it would assist me in making bows. All my bows look like crap with this thing!!! The loops are always flat and twisted. Also, I am having a hard time following bow tutorials and trying to use the bow maker with them.
Do you have to do most bows by hand?
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:03

Default Re: Can bowmakers make any bow??

It looks like most people do them by hand. It is not so easy to get the loops even though. I guess with practice you (meaning me) get there eventually!

If Momma ain't happy, nobody's happy!
Old 03-24-2008, 05:28

I have been making bows for about a year now. I purchased instructions off Ebay. The instructions did not come with a bowmaker, you had to fold them by hand. My bows came out "ok". I finally took the advice of everyone from this site and purchased the TOTTs instructions that comes with a bowmaker. The instructions are very easy to follow. I have only made a couple bows with it so far but they look 100% better!
Old 03-24-2008, 05:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by theresabuck View Post
I have been making bows for about a year now. I purchased instructions off Ebay. The instructions did not come with a bowmaker, you had to fold them by hand. My bows came out "ok". I finally took the advice of everyone from this site and purchased the TOTTs instructions that comes with a bowmaker. The instructions are very easy to follow. I have only made a couple bows with it so far but they look 100% better!
Do the totts instructions show you how to fold the bow with the maker, or just by hand?
Old 03-24-2008, 05:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraBow View Post
Do the totts instructions show you how to fold the bow with the maker, or just by hand?
They show you both! She shows you how to use the bowmaker to make different styles and the also shows you how to do them by hand later in the manual. If you buy the instrucitons she also gives you video clip access to watch her make some of them on the bow maker. It's worth it and definitely helpful! Good luck!
Old 03-24-2008, 05:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by demi26 View Post
They show you both! She shows you how to use the bowmaker to make different styles and the also shows you how to do them by hand later in the manual. If you buy the instrucitons she also gives you video clip access to watch her make some of them on the bow maker. It's worth it and definitely helpful! Good luck!
Thank you, Thank you
Old 03-24-2008, 07:26

What type of bow are you trying to make?
Old 03-24-2008, 08:35

I bought a bowdabra too. FORGET IT! I can't get anything to look good in that except pew bows or chair bows for large floral decorations. For hair bows, you just gotta do it by hand the old fashioned way! The best one for me is the butterfly fold. Have you tried that one?
Old 03-24-2008, 08:39

I made 2 today that look HORRIBLE! I need to take them apart and redo them. I make all of mine by hand. I have done this for awhile now- and still have to really practice.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg