Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(20x2yd Solid Boutique Ribbons)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-satin-autism-pinwheel-bow.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/glitter-ribbon-250.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/kanzashi-flower-butterfly-forum-ads.JPG
New product--1.8mm bottle cap hole punch

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-07-2010, 02:29

Default Having trouble with photo paper not sticking to bottlecap, PLEASE HELP!!!

I have used scrapbook paper with modge podge and it works beautifully. I just started using the photo paper and now none of the images will stick to the cap with modge podge! What does everyone else use? Is there something I am not doing? Please help!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 08-07-2010, 03:30

Default Re: Having trouble with photo paper not sticking to bottlecap, PLEASE HELP!!!

im having the same problems too. i think most people use some type of sticker machine. a make your own sticker. but not sure what works best.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:54

Default Re: Having trouble with photo paper not sticking to bottlecap, PLEASE HELP!!!

Yes - I think a lot of people use the Xyron sticker machine. but I did have problems when I first started that the image would not adhere. But it was the photo paper I was using. It did not have a smooth backing, but more of a rough one. Did not work.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:11

I have also been using fine grade sand paper to "rough up" the top of my caps the give it something more to adhere to. Has been working out good for me. I usually use the sticker maker for mine and make sure you press it down good. HTH!

Check out my complete bow tuturial listed on Etsy!
Old 08-07-2010, 09:48

Thermoweb, for sure!!! It comes on an 8.5 x 11" sheet. Just use your circle punch to punch out the circle, peel one side and stick to your image then peel the other side and put on the cap. Works like a miracle (for me, anyway!!).
Old 08-07-2010, 09:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah4185 View Post
Thermoweb, for sure!!! It comes on an 8.5 x 11" sheet. Just use your circle punch to punch out the circle, peel one side and stick to your image then peel the other side and put on the cap. Works like a miracle (for me, anyway!!).
Where do you get that? Hobby Lobby, Walmart? TIA
Old 08-07-2010, 10:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassypantz View Post
Where do you get that? Hobby Lobby, Walmart? TIA
I got mine at Michaels but I'd be willing to guess that those stores probably have it, too. Hip Girl store sells it as well. It's called Thermoweb Mounting Adhesive.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:48

Thank u ladies sooo much I was wondering if the sticker machine worked well, i probably will break down and buy one. I want to try all the ideas to see what works best for me. The photo paper I am using is smooth. The modge podge is still stuck to the cap, it just won't stick to the smooth photo paper. Today I punched out computer paper and glued it to the image and then glued it on the cap. I need to go see if it worked good. Thanks for all the great advice, it truly is appreciated
Old 08-08-2010, 12:17

I use this too! I first bought from hip girl and then bought from Thermoweb's website. Tried Michaels and they did not have the right stuff. This paper works miracles for sure! Oh I bought it in the 4x6 sheets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah4185 View Post
Old 08-08-2010, 12:20

I don't use glue at all anymore. Using the thermoweb paper is SUPER simple. Use a 1" hole punch to punch out the paper, peel one side off, stick it to the cap, peel the other side, then stick the image on. You are good to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycow2 View Post
Thank u ladies sooo much I was wondering if the sticker machine worked well, i probably will break down and buy one. I want to try all the ideas to see what works best for me. The photo paper I am using is smooth. The modge podge is still stuck to the cap, it just won't stick to the smooth photo paper. Today I punched out computer paper and glued it to the image and then glued it on the cap. I need to go see if it worked good. Thanks for all the great advice, it truly is appreciated
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif