Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(20x2yd Solid Boutique Ribbons)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-satin-autism-pinwheel-bow.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/glitter-ribbon-250.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/kanzashi-flower-butterfly-forum-ads.JPG
New product--1.8mm bottle cap hole punch

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-07-2010, 12:03

Default Organza trim from Julia's buy?

Has anyone had a chance to work with their organza trim from Julia's buy? I just got mine today and tried to make a flower following the tutorial, but I'm not sure I did it right. The bottom sits up really high and I'm not sure how to flatten it and attach felt to the bottom. Here's my pics: bottom view, top view, side view. Any suggestions?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg organza flower3.jpg (18.2 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg organza flower2.jpg (22.5 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg organza flower.jpg (19.1 KB, 63 views)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2010, 12:09

Default Re: Organza trim from Julia's buy?

I made one that way as well and it sticks out. So I decided they look awesome as flowerettes and have made TONS of those lol.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:40

Ok, so enlighten me. What is a flowerette and what do I do with it? LOL. I bought a bunch of this trim and need to figure out what to do with it. They sell completed flowers on their etsy site too. I wonder what they look like. I'm pretty sure I did it the way the tutorial said, so I don't know what to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lulafairy View Post
I made one that way as well and it sticks out. So I decided they look awesome as flowerettes and have made TONS of those lol.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:49

They look like this! and I use them on headbands with different centers. Sometimes they can be overlapped and grouped up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 016.jpg (51.9 KB, 87 views)
Old 08-07-2010, 12:57

Thank you. That makes sense. I may have to try that if I can't get the others figured out. They turn out so pretty from the top, but boy I don't have a clue what to do with the bottom!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lulafairy View Post
They look like this! and I use them on headbands with different centers. Sometimes they can be overlapped and grouped up.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:01

Does anybody else have suggestions?
Old 08-07-2010, 02:11

From the side view, it looks like there are two rows of seams... Maybe if you trim off one row, the bottom won't be so thick? But I would think it will make it harder to roll huh? Gluing it to a piece of felt will give it a finished look. It will look great on headbands! Love the flower you made.... Should have joined in on this buy!

My Etsy My Facebook
Old 08-07-2010, 02:18

It does have two layers of seems and I thought about trimming it. I was afraid that I might make it into a bigger mess though. I may try it though if I can't come up with another solution. The felt wouldn't really cover it because it sticks up so much. You'd have to try and wrap it around the sides and I don't think it would look very good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedragonflyprincess View Post
From the side view, it looks like there are two rows of seams... Maybe if you trim off one row, the bottom won't be so thick? But I would think it will make it harder to roll huh? Gluing it to a piece of felt will give it a finished look. It will look great on headbands! Love the flower you made.... Should have joined in on this buy!
Old 08-07-2010, 03:02

So you're going to trim off one of the seams? In their tutorial they didn't look like they stuck up like that, but who knows. I guess I should have bought one of their finished flowers to compare. LOL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by julia44 View Post
This is what I was planning on doing.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:05

It is very pretty. I wish we would have gotten the brown. I'll have to try trimming it down and see how it turns out. It would be really pretty as trim on clothing too. They said it was washable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julia44 View Post
Yes that's what I was going to try to do. I am hoping to do a buy from her again later this month. To many shows after this month to do a lot more gb's. I do love the stuff though.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.