New product--2.5' Zebra Printed Grosgrain Ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/peace-sign-grosgrain-ribbon-ads.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-volleyball-forest-green.jpg
New Instructions--How to make korker hair bow using a korker box hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows, hair clips, baby women, toddler, girl, adult, floral design, birthday holiday gift wrapping
New product--star ribbon for cheer bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-06-2010, 12:26

Default Sealing Korkers

I have been making bows for a year now and I have yet to make korkers. Well for the past 2 days I have been baking my ribbon and now I have a 16 oz container full of ribbon! I can't wait to make my combos. I made my first set of korkers and I realized how long it is going to take to heat seal the ends. I use a lighter normally. I know there is a better and faster way. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 08-06-2010, 12:31

Default Re: Sealing Korkers

wood burning tool cuts like butter
Old 08-06-2010, 12:54

The first time I did it, I used a lighter and that took forever...then I bought a wood burner. That works well and a lot quicker.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:56

woodburner works like magic i use dto do the lighter and it cost me more money to keep buying a lighter then it did for me to buy a woodburner and use it all the time
Old 08-06-2010, 12:44

Thank you so much! I knew there was a better way. I am spending way to much money on lighters and plus I don't get the clean cut lines I want.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:11

How does everybody use the woodburning tool when cutting korkers? I tried it once, but the curls kept getting in the way and it was hard to keep the correct measurement for each kork. What technique or method do ya'll use?
Old 08-06-2010, 01:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGeorgia View Post
How does everybody use the woodburning tool when cutting korkers? I tried it once, but the curls kept getting in the way and it was hard to keep the correct measurement for each kork. What technique or method do ya'll use?

You do have to separate the curls a little bit with your fingers. I use the slant blade that's on the woodburner and one semi quick stroke and it's cut and sealed at the same time. Takes a little bit getting used to though. I remember when I first started I would get gobs of funk on the tip but keep at it, maybe trying on just some scrap ribbon to get used to the motion. You'll ask yourself later why it took you so long to use a woodburner. I can cut and seal so much ribbon in a sort amount of time. I remember the days and I would cut with scissors and then use a lighter. I think I was crazy at the time since the woodburner is so much easier.
I use it to cut ribbon to size for lining my clips, so much quicker! You'll find many uses for it!
Old 08-06-2010, 03:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by karina721 View Post
You do have to separate the curls a little bit with your fingers. I use the slant blade that's on the woodburner and one semi quick stroke and it's cut and sealed at the same time. Takes a little bit getting used to though. I remember when I first started I would get gobs of funk on the tip but keep at it, maybe trying on just some scrap ribbon to get used to the motion. You'll ask yourself later why it took you so long to use a woodburner. I can cut and seal so much ribbon in a sort amount of time. I remember the days and I would cut with scissors and then use a lighter. I think I was crazy at the time since the woodburner is so much easier.
I use it to cut ribbon to size for lining my clips, so much quicker! You'll find many uses for it!
I'll keep at it! Thanks!
Old 08-06-2010, 03:54

Do you cut on the dowel rod.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggy View Post
Do you cut on the dowel rod.
I don't but I think someone on here posted that they did. I take them off and use a glass cutting board with a paper ruler taped to the bottom of it. Measure, cut and seal in one step!
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif