key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/3in-spike-18pc-set.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-03-2010, 08:32

Default Re: Rhinestones on bows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhardison1 View Post
I have used the E6000 for dance costumes too, they stay on very well!! But funny you should post a pic of these. I was just looking at these the other day and made me think of an idea. I have a ton of iron on alphabets, the really small ones from HL an I thought I would give it a try. they look really cute. I only have the pink letters but am going back to get the other colors. I will go take a pic and post in just a few.Attachment 45093I made one on a FOE headband too but my daughter is wearing it and she's not home. It turned out super cute too. I think it works if you don't have an embroidery machine! Although my mom has one its just a lot to get out and get together if all you're going to do is some monograms. thats all we have learned to do on it so far!
Omgness - I love these! Can you post a picture of the package? I have never seen these and REALLY love your clippies!
Sponsored Links

Old 08-03-2010, 08:57

They are in the same aisle as the other iron ons but they are down with the baby tshirts and things.Picture.jpg
Old 08-03-2010, 09:31

I use hotfix rhinestones on ribbon ALOT. I do alot of pageant sashes and to bling them up I iron on rhinestones. It works really well, stays well and there are about a million hotfix rhinestone companies out there you can get pre-made letters from.
Fran
codyparkcrafter.etsy.com
Old 08-03-2010, 10:47

So cute wish I had an HL....

Quote:
I have used the E6000 for dance costumes too, they stay on very well!! But funny you should post a pic of these. I was just looking at these the other day and made me think of an idea. I have a ton of iron on alphabets, the really small ones from HL an I thought I would give it a try. they look really cute. I only have the pink letters but am going back to get the other colors. I will go take a pic and post in just a few.Attachment 45093I made one on a FOE headband too but my daughter is wearing it and she's not home. It turned out super cute too. I think it works if you don't have an embroidery machine! Although my mom has one its just a lot to get out and get together if all you're going to do is some monograms. thats all we have learned to do on it so far!
Old 08-03-2010, 10:53

I am guessing its a hot fix tool also. Hopefully she will respond she is on this board.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:28

Quote:
Those are so cute!!!! I definitely need to make a trip to HL soon. Thank you for posting a pic of the package too!!!
Old 08-04-2010, 12:45

wow those letters are super cute would have never thought about using stickers...
and i love the pink letters! wish i had a hobby lobby around me! nearest one is 200miles away in the mountains!
Old 08-04-2010, 02:58

I love those! I haven't been to HL for a while. It's over an hour away, but I think I'm going to have to make the trip soon. I did look at WM tonight at the iron-on rhinestone letters and they are too big. The ones at HL are smaller.

Quote:
Old 08-04-2010, 03:51

What she used is a sticker, hotfix rhinestones don't melt like that.

You can add some E6000 for extra hold but I'd use it very sparingly. Hotglue doesn't do well with stickers.

I have several of my daughters bows rhinestoned, they sparkle like crazy outside, I love it!
Old 08-04-2010, 10:33

Now I am really bummed. Went to HL tonight and I guess they aren't selling the iron-ons anymore. Didn't have any of the colors. the pink ones that I have I bought like a year ago. This stinks!!
Sponsored Links