Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-01-2010, 06:39

Default Looking for help with Cricuit.... PLEASE:):)

I have a Cricuit and was trying to make a few felt flowers and fabric cut outs. I thought a few people had used this to cut those type of flowers. Am I doing it wrong does this not cut any material??? Any tips would be so appreciated. I just bought a pattern from a lovely hger and would love to use it.
Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2010, 06:46

Default Re: Looking for help with Cricuit.... PLEASE:):)

Hey..me again!I actually just researched this yesterday!! If you do a search on the forum, like I search "cricut and felt", there are a lot of discussions, opinions, etc. From what I gather, the best machine for cutting felt is NOT the cricut...that being said, someone had posted a link to a blog where the blogger had tested different kinds of felt and cutting it with the cricut. The end result was, I believe, that only high quality wool felt would cut correctly and she lined the back with something, can't remember what it was called. Good Luck! Jen
PS can you email me the pics of the bday hat and whatever other outfits you have for bday? Thanks! [email protected]
Old 08-01-2010, 07:01

it will cut stiffened felt - the kind you buy already stiff (!) but you have to use the multicut feature and I used a deep blade. I also taped it down along the sides.

I haven't tried fabric with a backing yet - seems like way too much trouble!

ISO: manners
Old 08-01-2010, 09:17

bumping

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinephillips View Post
I have a Cricuit and was trying to make a few felt flowers and fabric cut outs. I thought a few people had used this to cut those type of flowers. Am I doing it wrong does this not cut any material??? Any tips would be so appreciated. I just bought a pattern from a lovely hger and would love to use it.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:31

Thank you all so much for the tips. i really appreciate it. I have it so i figure i min as well figure out how and what I can use it for since i don't scrapbook anymore. Its not like I am going to spend another $200+ on a machine. I will try some of these things and see what i can do. Thansk again!
Old 08-02-2010, 10:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinephillips View Post
Thank you all so much for the tips. i really appreciate it. I have it so i figure i min as well figure out how and what I can use it for since i don't scrapbook anymore. Its not like I am going to spend another $200+ on a machine. I will try some of these things and see what i can do. Thansk again!
I know, I bought the Cricut Expression back when it was $400 and I only used it a few times. It hasn't been touched in at least 2 years. I am a teacher so I bought it to make things for my class, but it is really time consuming. THat would be neat to be able to cut out fabric and felt though. Let us know if you figure it out!
Old 08-02-2010, 11:33

the cuttlebug is the best to cut felt and u can get it at Micheals with a coupon for around 40. Totally worth it and the dies are under 10 with a coupon again, much cheaper!!! You can use sizzix dies and cuttlebug dies in the cuttlebug.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:23

Oh okmay thanks for the tip. My mom and I owned a scrapbook store but when we closed she took most of the big stuff since I had no room. Thus how I cam accross the brand new Cricut in her craft room with the tape still on it (store closed 3 years ago). I know we have a sizzix but it is the huge handled one and I think we sold a lot of the dies since it took so much room but I bet she has a cuttlebug I will have to go for a raid I just loved being able to size the cricut it was super easy to use just didn't cut the felt or fabric.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:31

I've cut fabric on my circut.
To cut fabric you need to iron a fusible on the back side - something like Heat & Bond Lite - before cutting. Use a really sticky mat and make sure the fabric is secured to the mat well. I used high pressure and slowed the cricut down.

A lot of people use the machine to cut fabric appliques for quilts, tees, etc.

Reen
Embroidery Garden
http://www.embroiderygarden.com
Embroidery Garden on facebook
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Embroidery-Garden/143334308826
Old 08-03-2010, 11:00

I found this blog and she was able to cut felt! It has to be the better wool blend felt.

Here is the link!

I'm gonna have to try it myself. I need to find where I can get the wool felt.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif