http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/digital-image-editing%20-%20gallery.jpg
Saddle Stitch Ribbon
new products--1/4' plastic headbands
New colors--3/8' party dot and gymbo dot grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/horse-grosgrain-ribbon-029.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/apple-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New product--3/8' wrapped headband
new clearance items

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-31-2010, 01:18

Angry Help with alligator clips!! Where does everyone buy them?

I have been ordering from ribbon and bow oh my. The alligator clips are either no good or I am doing something terribly wrong! There is not much tension and of course do not stay secure. I have tried Gripzies and it makes it much much worse. I am desperate : ( Where do you all buy yours from?
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:23

Default Re: Help with alligator clips!! Where does everyone buy them?

I get single and double prong from Sally's Beauty Suplly and The alligator w/teeth from Halo Heaven. HTH
Old 07-31-2010, 01:35

Thank you. I am new to this website but I have noiced most people on here use Sally's. They must be pretty good and strong?
Old 07-31-2010, 08:34

I usually use Sally's but since they have been out of clips for so long and I was running out of clips too I just ordered from pollywogbow (on here). I haven't gotten them yet...actually they may be sitting in my mail box since I haven't checked it in a couple of days so I can't really compare. I have seen lots of people order from her so I'm hoping they are just as strong as Sally's clips.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Crafts View Post
I usually use Sally's but since they have been out of clips for so long and I was running out of clips too I just ordered from pollywogbow (on here). I haven't gotten them yet...actually they may be sitting in my mail box since I haven't checked it in a couple of days so I can't really compare. I have seen lots of people order from her so I'm hoping they are just as strong as Sally's clips.
I just got mine from pollywogbow today and they seem like nice ones!
Old 07-31-2010, 06:16

i used to use sally's but i found in my last several trips that the tension was god awful, and the clips themselves were very flimsy. so, i've sworn off sally's. i just started ordering from pollywogbow too, and just finished off my first bag of her clips. they are very strong, the tension is great, i'm so much happier, and no more trucking around to see if sally's is in stock or not. you can order from her single or double alligator post on the group buy board.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:17

HAve you tried the Hip Girl store ones? I havent but know she sells them and they are likely fine as she is privy to all the complaints on here
Old 07-31-2010, 06:37

I got mine from Sally's but haven't seen the new ones so can't attest to their quality at this point.

I did order some from the HG store when I first started out and I have to say the quality is awesome. Very strong grip and great tension.

I don't like Hobby Lobby's though, they are thin, flimsy and are too far apart at the top.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:12

i get mine at sallys and haven't had any problem with them except i go through about 400 a week and my sallys seems to run out quickly...so i have to travel to the next town to stock up! I did order on ebay once becuase i got desperate waiting on sallys and i was so disappoiinted.... sallys is like 5 bucks for 100 and on spent 8.99 with free shipping (it should be free for that price) for 100...i had had 10 fall apart that i couldn't use....i was so disappointed...what i can recommend is the ones that have the round bottom instead of the straight bottom seem to have a tighter fit but u get 20 less for 5 bucks ur spending....
Old 07-31-2010, 07:14

I am VERY new at this, so I have yet to know what good tension is and what is considered not until I start doing this more, but I bought some from a beauty supply store in my local area and I "think" they might be good. Do you have places like that around you? If you dont have a Sally's that is.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif