http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/mini-pinwheel-bow-snap-clips-22pc.jpg
New product--3' everyday (pinwheel) hair bow/hairbow clips

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/peony-hair-flower-clips-red-ad.jpg
New product--Silk Geraniums

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-31-2010, 01:47

Default Re: Those who wanted my printing ribbon method

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingmom View Post
For everyone that marked this post:

http://littlecubsboutique.blogspot.c...on-ribbon.html

the reason it doesn't work with other types of printers is that when you have a printer that rolls the paper through instead of a straight feed the ribbon, etc gets stuck.

Although I'm going to try this anyway to see if I can get it to work on mine. If not I'll buy another printer. :-) My HP is fantastic but I want one to print ribbon on too.
Let us know if it works for you! IDK if I want to try it since my printer is only a few months old but who knows, I may get brave.
Old 07-31-2010, 02:21

Thank you for the tuto, I have to try it

Leticia
Old 07-31-2010, 02:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz_yaz View Post
love that idea but i dont think i can do that w/my printer mine rolls the paper .. you have to put the sheet face down and then it comes out face up.
I asked because I have a canon printer too & it does not roll the paper. I worry about the water-fastness of the ink though...

Old 07-31-2010, 05:30

Does it say you can't use the printers that roll the paper? I got the original PM instructions and was anxious to try it. I didn't even treat the ribbon, just stuck it to the paper and printed on my HP that rolls the paper. I knew how to load it so it prints correctly since it flips the paper. It worked fine, but sometimes if the ribbon isn't firmly attached to the paper, it would jam.
For those of you who completely followed the instructions, can anyone try it without treating the ribbon at all and see if there is a difference?
Old 07-31-2010, 05:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstarcheergirl View Post
Does it say you can't use the printers that roll the paper? I got the original PM instructions and was anxious to try it. I didn't even treat the ribbon, just stuck it to the paper and printed on my HP that rolls the paper. I knew how to load it so it prints correctly since it flips the paper. It worked fine, but sometimes if the ribbon isn't firmly attached to the paper, it would jam.
For those of you who completely followed the instructions, can anyone try it without treating the ribbon at all and see if there is a difference?
I wonder what the purpose of treating the ribbon is?? I would think you would want a nice, clean fabric to dye without anything to interfere with the adherence of the dye to the fiber, KWIM? And the heat sets the dye.

Old 08-01-2010, 10:44

I am wondering where everyone is getting their images from without copywriting? I understand that google has images but how can you get an image and print it without copywriting?

jmaaaf
Old 08-01-2010, 12:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaaaaf View Post
I am wondering where everyone is getting their images from without copywriting? I understand that google has images but how can you get an image and print it without copywriting?

jmaaaf
There are royalty free images and fonts. There is also clipart that you can buy for making things as long as you don't sell more than a certain amount of items using each image. I've never sold anything but I used to buy a lot of clipart from pccrafter to make worksheets for my class.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:01

i buy all my images from blessedbydesign.com...she has all the latest gymboree lines....and the quality of the images are great....i think she is a member here....Ladies, check out her website...her prices are really affordable
Old 08-03-2010, 05:13

i tried the tutorial and it works!!!! however, i tried the starch and then i ironed and the images started to come out...so now im going to try letting it dry first then ironing. Also, i think my double sided tape is not strong enough. the ribbon moved a little bit, but i washed it and i will re use. Thank you for the tutorial!!!
Old 08-03-2010, 06:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by edithisel View Post
i buy all my images from blessedbydesign.com...she has all the latest gymboree lines....and the quality of the images are great....i think she is a member here....Ladies, check out her website...her prices are really affordable
I think she has the best m2mg images by far! Love her designs too!
Sponsored Links