http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-29-2010, 09:26

Default headband card questions

I know many of you use postcard from vista as headband cards. How to you keep the headband on the card? Do you take the back? Most of my foe headbands are to big to actually hug the card..... but I thought the tape looked tacky. HELP!
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:44

Default Re: headband card questions

I was wondering the same thing.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:20

bump.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:45

Just got picked up for wholesaling to a store and am having to work this out too because I was using clear tape (I know gross and ugly but didn't know what else to do for my shows). Here's what I was thinking...some of this came from what I read other girls on here were doing.

****PLEASE give me feedback/comments and let me know what you think before I go and order a ton of supplies to do it!

Vista Print postcard turned portrait view.
FOE - lay headband on the card and pull each side back (do not open the headband and slide on the card). Take a skinny, small 3/4 inch zip tie and loop it through the two ends. I am thinking that the plastic will keep the ends nice and not gather them. The heavier, larger flowers seem to bend forward with time and ruin the card. I am thinking about punching a hold in the center and clipping the flower to the card (just above the FOE). This may even help to show people that the flower comes off?

Crochet- I only use larger flowers w/ an alligator clip so I use the clip to help secure it. I am going to punch the center. Open up the flower headband and put onto card. Use the flower clip to help secure the front of the crochet headband so that it won't bend forward. Neatly gather and fold the crochet in the back and use a small 3inch clear zip tie to securely hold it. I was using pins but the store owner didn't want them used for obvious reasons.

Let me know what u think!
Old 07-29-2010, 02:56

I dont know if this would crinkle the ribbon or not, but how about some cute paper clips to clip the back. We just bought school supplies at Office Depot and they have a bunch of cute paper clips in all kinds of colors, patterns, etc. Just an idea. I dont sell the headbands, so not exactly sure I know what the problem is, but worth a try!
Old 07-30-2010, 08:55

that may work the tie thing...... or I guess you could tie the ends together on the back of the card w/ a piece of 1/4 cheap ribbon?

I can't believe no one else wants to tell me their secrets.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:33

I tried tying w/ 1/4 inch ribbon but then the FOE got crinkled so I thought that a plastic zip tie may help w/ this???

I sure wish others would share their ideas???

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmileeDesigns View Post
that may work the tie thing...... or I guess you could tie the ends together on the back of the card w/ a piece of 1/4 cheap ribbon?

I can't believe no one else wants to tell me their secrets.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:40

I use zip ties. Just be careful not to pull too tight or the card will bend.

Joanne
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg