printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-28-2010, 07:44

Question i new at all this just have a couple of questions

i heat seal my ribbon with a lighter but my poor thumb is getting sore from flicking other than a wood burner or fray check what can i use.

how do you display you clips to sell i was thinking of putting them on a clip holder but not all are going to fit do you have a template for a card to put them on that i can make

is there a particular style of pony O i think you call them do you put your bows etc on like do they have to be the thicker ones without metal joiners etc

and last but not least what is a cheer bow and is there a free tut on how to make them and i can't see a photo

thanks in advance for your help

p.s. i'm from australia and love this site
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2010, 07:48

Default Re: i new at all this just have a couple of questions

I can help with a couple of your questions...

I use lighters as well, I just get BIC lighters, and remove the child proof thingy and it lights easily after that...

As far as cards to display on, you can order business cards from Vistaprint.com and cut slits in them and attach the clips to them, they work great, and they have free deals so all you have to pay is the shipping. Hope to have helped some
Old 07-28-2010, 08:08

A candle but make sure there are no drafts.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:36

I don't use a regular lighter. I use one of the long candle type lighters - I call them flame throwers...lol. I get them at Dollar Tree....they are my favorite!! Not sure where you could get them in Aust.

I also use Vistaprints for all of my cards.

Last edited by ordi5103; 07-28-2010 at 08:40.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:35

Hi,

I am in Brisbane. I use a wood burning tool. You can get them online or at Riot (art and craft store).

No sore fingers. Or you can look in the grocery store for a gas lighter (for a bbq). They have a long neck the bends.

I print out my own cards on cardstock. You can get 100 sheet packs at Officeworks. I get my business cards at Vistaprint. They are good but I like that I can print out my own cards when I need them.

If you have any Australian related questions feel free to PM me.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebeingamummy View Post
i heat seal my ribbon with a lighter but my poor thumb is getting sore from flicking other than a wood burner or fray check what can i use.

how do you display you clips to sell i was thinking of putting them on a clip holder but not all are going to fit do you have a template for a card to put them on that i can make

is there a particular style of pony O i think you call them do you put your bows etc on like do they have to be the thicker ones without metal joiners etc

and last but not least what is a cheer bow and is there a free tut on how to make them and i can't see a photo

In regards to your inquiry for a free tutorial on Cheer Bows. I know there is plenty of info on this site if you want to dig.

If you need the tutorial quickly, I recommend purchasing the Cheer Bow tutorial from No Bow No Go. They are great and inexpensive. For $5.00 you get all the instructions step by step and an immediate download. Also, I have not purchased them yet, but it is my understanding they have been updated with a new cinch method.

For $5.00 they are well worth it.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebeingamummy View Post

Hi There! I found a really cool lighter at one of the local gas stations that has a button instead and it doesnt hurt your fingers or rub them raw. It was cheaper than a bic and you can refill it with butane. One of my great "cheap" buys! LOL!

I also print out my own display cards and business cards. I use different sizes, but the one I use the most is a 4x4 for my larger bows, but also have 3x3 for small and tiny bows or smaller flower clips. I just used Photoshop to make each size that I needed and then opened an 8.5 x 11 document and pasted the 4x4 image onto it as many times as I could!

As far as the pony-o's. I use the ones that do not have the metal part in the middle. I sew my bow onto the pony-o so if you used the kind with the metal you couldnt do that. Also I was afraid it might rust or something onto the bow! I just buy the Goody brand that comes in all kinds of colors. Sometimes you can actually find that brand at the Dollar Tree (not sure if you have that over in Austrailia)!

Hope this helps!
Old 07-29-2010, 03:14

Found the lighter on Wal-Greens website! It is awesome! http://www.walgreens.com/store/catal...sku=sku6019996

also, here is a simple tut for cheer bow that I already had marked...

http://www.hair-hardware.com/articles.asp?id=135
Old 07-29-2010, 08:00

thanyou very much ladies i am now are and dangerous with knowledge i going to wish myself luck LOL
Old 08-17-2010, 04:52

I also use a lighter, but i had the same problems... It started to kill my thumb... Well do to my whining my hubby went down to a tobacco store here and found my a jet lighter... It cost him $15 but it is stainless steel and refillable... AND it does not hurt my thumb at all.... I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS LIGHTER....

On my cards I buy them from 123print.com... My hubby made a wooden frame that fits the card snug... Then he take a paddle bit and a battery drill... He first clamps the card to the frame and then drill holes through the cards...
Sponsored Links