New products--peelnstick double-sided-tape for lining clips
http://www.thehairbowcompany.com/assets/images/affiliateBanners/affiliateBanner3.jpg
hip girl boutique 1" metallic gold gliter sparkle ribbon
hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon wrapped headbands for girls women baby toddler
hip girl boutique goody ponytail pigtail holder for women girl toddler baby

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-21-2008, 02:01

Default Soft Stretchy Fabric Headband help..

I am looking for instructions on how to make a simple soft stretchy fabric headband like the one my daughter is wearing:

Also, I've been having trouble finding similar fabric. I did find a 50% cotton/50% polyester that seemed kind of similar. Not sure if it's as soft though.

Any help would be appreciated!!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2008, 07:51

Default Re: Soft Stretchy Fabric Headband help..

I guess not..?
Old 03-21-2008, 08:32

Man, I'm right there with you. We tried to make these from scratch with no instructions. No way! Couldn't figure it out. It all seems simple enough, but I'd sure like to find instructions.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:45

I made the nylon one, it was super easy. The instructions are here on the boards somewhere, search nylon headband and you should find it.

Wendy My Etsy Shop

Old 03-21-2008, 08:47

Hi.. sorry, I would've replied you earlier but we just got back in.

Do you hv TOTTs? The knit headbands instructions is in there.

Next, you CAN get the fabric. I get mine from here: www.fabricdepot.com and I'm not sure if the 50/50 would work but works the best is the 48% cotton/48% poly/4% lycra.

Click This Link and it should take you directly to the knit page. Should you decide to buy from there, select Ribing with Lycra. The only snag about this site is fabric width is only 15inch. It's tubular and the length is up to you of how many ever you want/need to buy.
hth

I'm not all that. I just like the last part.

Last edited by cynthia; 03-21-2008 at 10:05. Reason: Correction on infos edited in RED... :D
Old 03-21-2008, 09:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthia View Post
Hi.. sorry, I would've replied you earlier but we just got back in.

Do you hv TOTTs? The knit headbands instructions is in there.

Next, you CAN get the fabric. I get mine from here: www.fabricdepot.com and I'm not sure if the 50/50 would work but works the best is the 48% cotton/48% poly/4% lycra.

Click This Link and it should take you directly to the knit page. Should you decide to buy from there, select Ribing with Lycra. The only snag about this site is they sell by every 15inch. But then again, if you're not mass producing, 15" should be enough for about 6-8 (don't quote me on that tho...

hth
Thank you Thank you!!
I have no idea what TOTTS is though, is it a instruction book???
Old 03-21-2008, 09:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkynmunky View Post
I made the nylon one, it was super easy. The instructions are here on the boards somewhere, search nylon headband and you should find it.
I plan on trying those also, thanks!
Old 03-21-2008, 09:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushfamily View Post
Man, I'm right there with you. We tried to make these from scratch with no instructions. No way! Couldn't figure it out. It all seems simple enough, but I'd sure like to find instructions.
It's funny because it's the simplest looking headband I have for her and it's probably the most complicated to make!!! I know I'd just waste tons of fabric if I even attempted with out instructions..
Old 03-22-2008, 12:14

I have instructions bookmarked on my computer at home. I will be back in a few days so if you can wait till Monday or Tuesday I will post a link. I remember spending hours looking for a good set and was excited to find one. It's on a wierd site.....so I can't remember exactly sorry about that. But I will be happy to post them as soon as I get back.

Leslie

(I sometimes get loopy and forget....so you may need to remmind me. They were really good/easy instructions and I don't even sew)
Old 03-22-2008, 01:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmmm View Post
I have instructions bookmarked on my computer at home. I will be back in a few days so if you can wait till Monday or Tuesday I will post a link. I remember spending hours looking for a good set and was excited to find one. It's on a wierd site.....so I can't remember exactly sorry about that. But I will be happy to post them as soon as I get back.

Leslie

(I sometimes get loopy and forget....so you may need to remmind me. They were really good/easy instructions and I don't even sew)
That would be great!!! Unless I find free instructions sooner-- Don't worry I'll bug you for em' next week.. LOL!
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.