http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-50yd-grosgrain-animal-print-combo-103114.jpg
New product--1' circle punch/paper shaper for bottle cap picture
New products--Ribbon wrapped 50mm snap clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/120pc-2.5-korker-assorted-.JPG

turtle embellishments--ribbon sculpture

skull rockabilly grosgrain ribbon

braided headband base


Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2010, 09:10
shay0622's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,587
Default Re: Backpack and Map (Dora the Explorer)

What about a black piece of string/yarn to add to the stick for the swirl?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/MMexclusivewholesaleribbon-300.jpg
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2010, 09:28
rramirez331's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Buda, Texas
Posts: 321
Default Re: Backpack and Map (Dora the Explorer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shay0622 View Post
What about a black piece of string/yarn to add to the stick for the swirl?
I like that idea better than my original idea which was to cut a thin strip of ribbon and fray check it and mold it into shape.... my brain is fried today! Is it Friday yet??? LOL

I like your idea though. I'll be playing around with it tonight for sure. Thanks!
__________________
Check out my site!! www.olivejuicestylez.com
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2010, 09:49
shay0622's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,587
Default Re: Backpack and Map (Dora the Explorer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rramirez331 View Post
I like that idea better than my original idea which was to cut a thin strip of ribbon and fray check it and mold it into shape.... my brain is fried today! Is it Friday yet??? LOL

I like your idea though. I'll be playing around with it tonight for sure. Thanks!
cool make sure you post how it turns out! no not friday but I wish!
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 09-07-2010, 02:17
rramirez331's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Buda, Texas
Posts: 321
Default Re: Backpack and Map (Dora the Explorer)

Sorry it took so long but for anyone interested, I finally got some pics of my finished products! YAY!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P090710004[1].jpg (29.3 KB, 71 views)
__________________
Check out my site!! www.olivejuicestylez.com
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 09-07-2010, 06:55
flintb's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 3,238
Default Re: Backpack and Map (Dora the Explorer)

super cute!
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2011, 11:25
LexieandMe's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Baton Rouge, LA !Geaux Tigers!
Posts: 55
Default Re: Backpack and Map (Dora the Explorer)

That is fabulously cute!!! I tried a Dora recently for a customer as well. I may have to try my hand at a map/backpack combo. Thanks for sharing, Super job!!!
__________________
Mom to ~ Stephen 8, Lexie 6, Nathan 4, & Luke 2
Wife to ~ a fabulously supportive husband


Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2011, 06:19
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4
Default Re: Backpack and Map (Dora the Explorer)

So very cute!
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2012, 12:05
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2
Default Re: Backpack and Map (Dora the Explorer)

Ok, question, first of all, those are adorable, second of all, do you hand cut all your little pieces? Like map and back pakcks mouth and stuff? And how do you seal all the edges without ruining the nice cuts you made? I'm new to this and i was trying to make something completely different than what you made, but that has the same cuts that you did (it's an owl and has like little thumbnail looking pieces for the belly (just like the mouths on yours). Yours look perfect! And what do you use as adhesive, I guess would be the right word,hot glue?
Thanks s much, sorry for the ignorance, i kniw nothing! I have 2 little girls and just want to make them some fun things...that they will possibly destroy soon after putting them in:-)
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2012, 12:23
rramirez331's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Buda, Texas
Posts: 321
Default Re: Backpack and Map (Dora the Explorer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameeleigh View Post
Ok, question, first of all, those are adorable, second of all, do you hand cut all your little pieces? Like map and back pakcks mouth and stuff? And how do you seal all the edges without ruining the nice cuts you made? I'm new to this and i was trying to make something completely different than what you made, but that has the same cuts that you did (it's an owl and has like little thumbnail looking pieces for the belly (just like the mouths on yours). Yours look perfect! And what do you use as adhesive, I guess would be the right word,hot glue?
Thanks s much, sorry for the ignorance, i kniw nothing! I have 2 little girls and just want to make them some fun things...that they will possibly destroy soon after putting them in:-)

I'm more than happy to help! I started out using grosgrain ribbon but I didn't continue using ribbon for the mouths because it was extremely hard for them to keep their shapes after heat sealing so I used felt instead. And yes, I did hot glue the mouths on. The felt I used was just your basic craft felt that can be found at just about any craft store... or if you already have some on-hand you can use that.

hope that helps and good luck! post pics when you're done. I'd love to see how your owls turn out.

__________________
Check out my site!! www.olivejuicestylez.com
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2012, 12:53
tarasbowtique's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 177
Default Re: Backpack and Map (Dora the Explorer)

Those are adorable!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/digital-image-editing%20-%20gallery.jpg
Saddle Stitch Ribbon
new products--1/4' plastic headbands
New colors--3/8' party dot and gymbo dot grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/horse-grosgrain-ribbon-029.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/apple-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New product--3/8' wrapped headband
new clearance items

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger