Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-25-2010, 04:18

Default Things for adults

I am asking this for personal reasons as well

I am a teacher and would like some different things to wear in my hair for school. Partly to possibly get a "sale" but also just for something different. What are some things you see adults buy and wear. Our school colors are purple,teal, and black and are symbol is a bobcat paw so I would want something like this for spirit day. I am young but I don't want to appear childish to the parents.
TIA

Last edited by Jmbmartinez; 07-25-2010 at 08:05.
Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2010, 04:34

Default Re: Things for adults

You meant to say our, but you said, "are school colors are...". Lol sorry I found that funny b/c you said you were a teacher...
Anyways, I have found that singed flowers are a cute and not so subtle fashion statement as well as fabric flowers of all sorts.
Even a headband with a simple bow on it is cute, especially if you're young!
Express the youth in you! haha
Old 07-25-2010, 06:41

I made some clips using scrapbook flowers (to start!) for me. I was inspired by seeing a girlfriend with a big gerbera daisy in her hair.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:53

Singed flower, fabric flowers, basic bows, natural looking flowers, skinny headbands, woven headbands, toggle headbands, etc....I'm a nurse, and I've seen my coworkers wear all the above. Wear something every chance you get!
Old 07-25-2010, 08:04

[QUOTE=LittleBowPeepBabyBowtique;645446]You meant to say our, but you said, "are school colors are...". Lol sorry I found that funny b/c you said you were a teacher...

Oops I have been writing and typing so many things I guess I am a little burnt on my editing. It doesn't help when your holding a little one either and typing with one hand.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:04
PuraVidaPix

I bought some singed flowers on Bobby pins I love to wear in my hair and get components all the time. They are simple but noticeable and fun. I bought them in teal, pink and brown. I've also got a few if the ribbon pony o's I wear with the streamer like ribbons when I wear a pony tail for special stuff like holidays, football games ect. I think now days we can pull off just about anything aside from fluffy bows LOL even though I love bows in my daughters hair!
Old 07-25-2010, 08:05
PuraVidaPix

My grammar and typing stink too! Lol iPhone disclaimer :0)
Old 07-25-2010, 08:12

My high school colors were purple and teal too - snowleopards. lol.

I like smaller 2-3" flowers or even a small pinwheel or tuxedo bow for myself. I am working on making some cute headbands too - with small flowers on them.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:26

I teach high school and try to wear a little of everything. Woven headbands, flowers on slips, bobby pins, bows in an updo, ponystreamers or pom-pons on spirit days. I just made a HUGE cheer bow out of 3" ribbon and I will but a logo bottlecap as a center for this year. I also always weare bottlecap necklaces on friday's as well. Nohing like a little advertising!!!!
Old 07-25-2010, 08:37

I love fabric flowers for myself. I have a set of these that I wear quite often. You could even do them in your school colors and still look grown up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_5067.jpg (148.6 KB, 68 views)
Sponsored Links