Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 07-24-2010, 03:29

Smile lining alligator clips

Hi. I need help...I need to fully line a whole lot of double prongs this weekend but dont want to spend my entire weekend doing them. (my hubby and son want to do fun actvities) I take a hour to line 20 clips or so. I dont know if this is slow or fast but Ive heard people say they can line 15 clips in 10 minutes? Is this possible? maybe I pay attention too much to detail, but Id like to know how others line their clips.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:12

Default Re: lining alligator clips

I would probably say I can do the same amount as you. I tend to take a lot of care when linign my clips even if they are going to be covered by a korker or bow etc.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:59

I use a hot glue gun for mine, I can FULLY line them pretty fast...BUT it took a while. Mine are straight, smooth and no glue showing. It too practice, the partially line ones take me longer!!! I just stranded doing that, so more practice ahead for me..

Holiday, Princess, ballet shoes.....

ALL PROUDLY MADE IN THE U.S.A.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetgirlythings View Post
Hi. I need help...I need to fully line a whole lot of double prongs this weekend but dont want to spend my entire weekend doing them. (my hubby and son want to do fun actvities) I take a hour to line 20 clips or so. I dont know if this is slow or fast but Ive heard people say they can line 15 clips in 10 minutes? Is this possible? maybe I pay attention too much to detail, but Id like to know how others line their clips.
I use the fillet tape now & can easily do 15 clips in 10 min. For years I used to hate lining clips because it took so long but now it's actually something I like to do. My "process" is to cut a ton of 4.5 inch pieces, heat seal the ends then put the pieces on the tape one right after another until I get sick of doing it. Then I cut the pieces apart.

What's great about this is that I can take a baggie of taped pieces & alligator clips *anywhere* & work on lining clips - McDonald's play area, carpool line, sitting out back watching the kids play, on the couch watching TV. Since there's no hot glue or even scissors needed it's a "kid friendly", take anywhere project. And once I have all the pieces cut & heat sealed & on the tape I could easily do 3 a minute so probably 30 in 10 min.

Oh and I wanted to add that you can buy this specialty/fillet tape from people on here but it's not something you'll find at a craft store - the red kind you can find at HL or Michael's doesn't stick nearly as good - I tried it first. And even being *super* careful with hot glue my clips never looked as nice, neat & "professional" as they do with this tape.

Last edited by rufflesandribbon; 07-24-2010 at 11:34.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:48

I agree with rufflesandribbons, lining with specialty/fillet tape is the easiest way. They look great every time.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:25

Thanks so much for all the info. I will search for this fillet tape.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:23

This thread is super old, but does anyone have any fillet tape I can buy? Thank you!
Old 06-23-2012, 01:07

Pretty sure MommaOh still sells it.

All of my tutorials are now available through my etsy store.

Check out my Tutorial Album on Picasa.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittenlover7158 View Post
This thread is super old, but does anyone have any fillet tape I can buy? Thank you!
I just found this...
http://www.trimweaver.com/tw-ft-d670.html
Old 06-25-2012, 08:42

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies

Tags
alligator clip, how to, lined clips