Craft Show Display Ideas
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/hair-bow-gift-basket-tutorial-title.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/clothesline-for-craft-show-display-title.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/bow-card-punch-tutorial-title.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/hair-bow-display-bow-title.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-title.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/custom%20bow%20cards-3-sm.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/dress-form-craft-show-display-title.JPG

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-22-2010, 08:25
angelbabyz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 568
Default Looking to buy instructions

I'm looking to buy instructions (if needed) on how to attach those crocheted tops you see out there to tutus I make.

More importantly, I need to know where to buy the crocheted material ( it looks exactly like the crocheted headband material you can buy)?

I tried looking on Etsy, but no luck so far.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-22-2010, 08:36
awhite214's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Radiator Springs, VA :)
Posts: 1,411
Default Re: Looking to buy instructions

I haven't gotten into tutu's yet but I did read somewhere that you can use one of the really large crochet headbands for the top of the tutu. HTH


Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbabyz View Post
I'm looking to buy instructions (if needed) on how to attach those crocheted tops you see out there to tutus I make.

More importantly, I need to know where to buy the crocheted material ( it looks exactly like the crocheted headband material you can buy)?

I tried looking on Etsy, but no luck so far.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-22-2010, 08:54
angelbabyz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 568
Default Re: Looking to buy instructions

Thanks for the info! Where do you get those huge headbands?

I just need instructions now. With the way my luck goes, if I do something like this, there would be something I needed to do to secure it, other then just sewing it on, and it'd fall apart. lol

I'm a visual kind of person, I do better with learning if I can see a few pictures of some of the steps I am doing in the instructions sometimes.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-22-2010, 09:04
awhite214's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Radiator Springs, VA :)
Posts: 1,411
Default Re: Looking to buy instructions

I'm not sure where you get them. You might check the destash khofkamp has....I think she was selling them. I was thinking you would just sew it together, but I'm not sure. I will be watching to see what everybody else says because I'd love to make one for my little girl


Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbabyz View Post
Thanks for the info! Where do you get those huge headbands?

I just need instructions now. With the way my luck goes, if I do something like this, there would be something I needed to do to secure it, other then just sewing it on, and it'd fall apart. lol

I'm a visual kind of person, I do better with learning if I can see a few pictures of some of the steps I am doing in the instructions sometimes.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-22-2010, 09:08
angelbabyz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 568
Default Re: Looking to buy instructions

Thanks! I will check it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by awhite214 View Post
I'm not sure where you get them. You might check the destash khofkamp has....I think she was selling them. I was thinking you would just sew it together, but I'm not sure. I will be watching to see what everybody else says because I'd love to make one for my little girl
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-22-2010, 09:12
tinyt19784's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: gulfport,ms
Posts: 1,910
Default Re: Looking to buy instructions

you just use the 5inch crochet headbands and knot the tulle thru the bottom holes and there ya go
__________________
www.makingmeloopy.etsy.com
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-22-2010, 09:26
angelbabyz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 568
Default Re: Looking to buy instructions

If you wouldn't have said that, I would have been sewing it on by hand or sewing machine and I doubt that would have worked. Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyt19784 View Post
you just use the 5inch crochet headbands and knot the tulle thru the bottom holes and there ya go
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-22-2010, 09:30
OBABY's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Montgomery, Illinois
Posts: 398
Default Re: Looking to buy instructions

http://www.etsy.com/listing/51946805...u-dress-0-1218

my first attempt - just started at the second row of holes up - if that makes any sense... and did single layer of tulle, and then another layer on the next row up.... if you put it round a roll of paper towel while making it, it makes life much easier!!! Same for the tutus with headbands for waists!!

Hope that helps!
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 07-22-2010, 09:44
angelbabyz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 568
Default Re: Looking to buy instructions

THAT is adorable! Thank you so much for those tips!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBABY View Post
http://www.etsy.com/listing/51946805...u-dress-0-1218

my first attempt - just started at the second row of holes up - if that makes any sense... and did single layer of tulle, and then another layer on the next row up.... if you put it round a roll of paper towel while making it, it makes life much easier!!! Same for the tutus with headbands for waists!!

Hope that helps!
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 07-22-2010, 09:47
angelbabyz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 568
Default Re: Looking to buy instructions

I wish I had headbands for the tutus I am going tosell at my garage sale this weekend to add to the tutus!

Hobby lobby sells the crocheted stuff by the yard, but it's only like 1.5 inches ( will have to sew it together in the back).
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
HipGirl 12pc Grosgrain Ribbon Wrapped 1/2" Headbands + Matching Large Hair Bow Alligator Clips. Interchangable Assorted Fashion Accessory for Girl Women Teen Kid Toddler Children Adult

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger